Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone!
Previously I've made a video on how to change the oil using an extraction tool, but it wasn't a good one, plus I made a mistake of changing the oil in freezing temperature and not warming up the engine well enough.
So I have done an updated version of the video if you should need it! Please watch and let me know what is your thoughts about it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just purchased a 2008 Touareg and was just inquiring if this is the only way to do an oil change I thought it might be done in the usual way of dropping the oil from the pan it’s a v6 tdi

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just purchased a 2008 Touareg and was just inquiring if this is the only way to do an oil change I thought it might be done in the usual way of dropping the oil from the pan it’s a v6 tdi
Congratulations on a new purchase! This is not the only way to do the oil change, you can do it the regular way by draining oil. This way is good for those who don't have the ability to drain oil from under the car and it's just much cleaner. For example, I live in an apartment in New York, and having an oil pan here in my apartment won't be the best idea)) Plus jack stands, a jack and tools... With this approach, you only need the extractor and empty containers to drop off used oil at a local shop or recycling center and you are done)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
How much oil were you able to pull out? Last time I did it I got like 6.1 liters out and I pumped until nothing would come out.
I was able to pull out about 1.8 gallons which is 6.8 liters, and I was able to fill back about 8.5 quarts which is 8 liters which came out to be full... now I'm curious where did the rest of oil go... Will have to double-check in a garage how much oil I pulled out. I also spilled some on a floor when transferring it to the container, but I don't think it was a whole liter.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just changed mine and must have pulled most of the old oil, nine full quarts and had just a drop from the 10th quart. This was confirmed using the oil display and the good old dipstick. I used a schwaben extractor for the job.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
lol wtf so we are good? We put in more than we took out and that's okay? I was going to redo my oil change because I don't trust it
I think we are ok until next time, I will try to raise rear and maybe I will be able to suck more out... I've been doing this oil change for some time now and all is ok

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I just changed mine and must have pulled most of the old oil, nine full quarts and had just a drop from the 10th quart. This was confirmed using the oil display and the good old dipstick. I used a schwaben extractor for the job.
I'm curious where did your tube go)) my manual it requires 9 quarts... still the same thing comes out, we suck out less then we put in... My guess that some oil is stuck to the wall of the engine and other parts... What oil you used?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts