Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bumped into this video...

Where he's selecting the Cayenne mapping. Is this a prefix solution? Does this over ride the the "fixed" TCM mapping and add back in engine braking?

Thx.

·
Registered
996 Posts
It does not override the "fixed" programming. All it does is adjust some of the transmission characteristics. The only way is to reflash it.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It does not override the "fixed" programming. All it does is adjust some of the transmission characteristics. The only way is to reflash it.

How are most reflashes getting done. I’ve I’ll seen one forum member claiming todo along with ECU but maybe currently not doing them.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
How are most reflashes getting done. I’ve I’ll seen one forum member claiming todo along with ECU but maybe currently not doing them.
He's not doing the ECU..... the TCM is still happening as long as people are returning his "loaners" and he doesn't have any bench hardware (flashing hardware) filled with his kid's drinks.

.... at least from what I recall....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
3 Participants
TurboABA
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing