Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 touareg v6 3.0 tdi, can anyone tell me if i have a amp in this model, the radio is the one with the sat nav and i do have a multi disc changer in the back, the reason i am asking is i have put an after market radio in and the right side speakers have no bass to them and they are very quite,but the left side speakers are a different matter,they are full of bass and the mids and tweeters all work fine,so if there is an amp in this car could that be the problem, or is there something else wrong.

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
AFAIK, all the T1s with nav had amps. The 2004-05 had the digital amp. Luckily, you have a standard analog amp, which pretty much works just like any aftermarket amp.

Sounds like we have the outputs from the radio---inputs to the amp to get correct. Perhaps something is hooked wrong?

As far as the output from the amp, each front door has 3 speakers and the rear door has two speakers. I think (85% sure) that the amp ran a wire to each speaker.

Sorry I don't have the electrical schematic for the amp. If you end up needing some, just ask. There are a few people here that have them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks that,s great to know i have a amp.

The only thing that have changed is the radio have not touched anything else.

Do you think it could be the amp that is causing the problems with the left side of the speakers, they do sort of work but are very crackly.

Was having problems with the stock radio in but not to this extent, but there are times it will work ok and then go back to not working again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts