Club Touareg Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I've been told if your tranny is working fine then don't flush. Scotty Kilmer on YT says the same.

It can cause problems that weren't there before.

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
The trans fluid does not hold up. It should have been specified as a wear item. In fact, Porsche using the same transmission in the same chasis does have transmission oil change recommendations.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Would like to put Amsoil ATF in her next time but have reservations about whether it meets the specs required.

Anyone know the answer or been using Amsoil ATF long term with or without issues?

·
Registered
3,996 Posts
The First Gen Touareg (T1 and T2) uses a very common transmission. Aisin TR-60SN - 6-speed HD longitudinal
So, many have used Toyota T-IV as it was easily available and the Toyota dealers were more numerous.

Background: Aisin automatic transmissions are manufactured by Aisin Seiki and Aisin AW, formerly known as Aisin-Warner, and which was established in 1969 as a joint venture between Aisin Seiki and BorgWarner.

·
Registered
3,996 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Hi Nicky,

Thanks for both posts with the detailed information and relevant links.

The transfer case and front/rears diffs are running Amsoil 75w140 since shortly after I took her on. Looks like Tasha will be getting some signature series ATF when next changed around March 2021.

Now if only Amsoil made a 506 01 spec engine oil...

·
Registered
2009 T2 3.6L VR6 FSI
374 Posts
I have a question regarding ATF, if I may. I suppose it doesn't matter what brand we use as long as it meets the above mentioned spec (G-055-025-A2 ). Some manufacturers list the spec simply as G-055-025 without the A2. Is this relevant? Is this a revision of the original spec?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Hi Qurtuba,

Welcome and thanks for the like.

I know less about ATF than I do about engine oil so we will have to wait until someone more knowledgeable responds to your question.

As per Nickys posts above Amsoil meets/exceeds the required ATF spec and is arguably the very best fluid you can get.

·
Registered
2009 T2 3.6L VR6 FSI
374 Posts
Thanks. I've read so much about Amsoil engine oil but it was never available in this part of the world until recently. Needless to say I was thrilled to buy 7 liters of 5w30 and a Hengst filter and get the (still good) Mobil 1 replaced. Transmission, diffs. and TC service in the plan...soon.

Reactions: VW_lover_2001
21 - 29 of 29 Posts