Club Touareg Forum banner
61 - 71 of 71 Posts

· Registered
123 Posts
I’m gonna pull the door next week and just want to double check: all you did was unpin that wire? It isn’t 3 wires like previously stated?

Side note, that door button magically began functioning again shortly after my last post here. Consistently, up until couple weeks ago. It seems to be acting up again but not as bad.

· Registered
123 Posts
Yup of your setup is the same as my touareg then one wire will do the trick.
Hand Automotive tire Automotive lighting Finger Gadget

Thank you sir! Pleased to report this worked perfectly, only took 15 minutes to pull door and place back. Hope this continues to help others.

Do you have a wiring diagram for the vehicle by chance? I could use a PDF to help w potential future issues, I totally depended on your photo for this fix.

· Registered
27 Posts
Great posts! I am trying this tomorrow. 2006 V10, right side rear door. Many thanks.

I notice that thinking evolved on this topic, I am assuming that the "auto unlock" feature still needs to be turned off and the driver door locked with the key to save?

· Registered
123 Posts
Great posts! I am trying this tomorrow. 2006 V10, right side rear door. Many thanks.

I notice that thinking evolved on this topic, I am assuming that the "auto unlock" feature still needs to be turned off and the driver door locked with the key to save?
I never disabled the Auto Unlock feature. Candidly, I’m not exactly sure what that feature is and why folks are suggesting to disable. Curious

· Registered
27 Posts
I never disabled the Auto Unlock feature. Candidly, I’m not exactly sure what that feature is and why folks are suggesting to disable. Curious
I disabled the wire, but I am not sure it is the right one for my issue. When I unplugged the harness to the door handle there was a sound from under the dash and I believe that cut the draw. The car was "asleep" at the time. So, I think I have the correct circuit, not sure I have the right wire for my issue. I need to do more testing. Thanks for your reply.

· Registered
123 Posts
Computer Personal computer Font Handwriting Communication Device

Calling on the brain trust to help me once again. This vehicle loves to test you.

After solving my battery drain stemming from my rear passenger door black button shorting out (I unpinned the wire) it seems a new annoyance has sprung up as my battery is dying again.

This time with the front passenger door antenna. Interesting how these fault codes appear in module 5, but it is actually module 46 where you can view live data for the components.

Strangely, while you can view live data for the little black button, you cannot do the same for the antenna. Can anyone confirm the same observation?

Does anyone know if the antenna can be a cause for battery drain? My Kessy makes clicking noises, so I know it’s likely failing, could it instead just be the kessy module tripping things up, or is my best solution unpinning the antenna wire as well?

It’s a shame because while the black button on that door is inoperable, the keyless entry works flawlessly.

· Registered
123 Posts
I have read on this forum that the antennas rarely fail and indication of a failed antenna(s) is more likely a Kessy module issue. I cannot confirm or deny.
My general understanding is similar. I want an excuse to replace the module, but a good excuse.

· Registered
27 Posts
You can try changing mofset and resistors on kessy module, there are some success stories.. There are posts here on parts to order and how to do. May want to find a "guy" if you are not comfortable soldering on a circuit board.

61 - 71 of 71 Posts