Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
115 Posts
Hi guys.

I am sorry to bump this old thread but seems to have the answers I am looking for.

My 2004 v8 is having the clicking sound and the very annoying "move selector to position p" on the Mfi.

I love this car. But have zero interest in the keyless entry and zero interest in the huge bill to fix it. Been living w the message for a couple of months, but I want to know if there is a way to just disable this completely to get rid of the message etc and not effect drivability.

If there is anything I can do please respond or pm me. Thank you to anyone for ANY help!

· Registered
115 Posts
Hi Snowboardgod,
I have a 2004 v8 also. Did you get your problem solved? If yes, I'd like to know the details. My two rear door buttons don't lock or unlock the car. I'm still having some battery drain and wonder if you cut the wires and did that solve your problems? Thanks
Reubengeg
HI!

So what I did was simply disconnect the wire harness from the handles. Pull the door cards off, disconnect from whatever handles are an issue and put back together. I did this several months ago now with no recurring issues so far. This made the message on my MMI disappear as well as my battery drain issues. I would do this VS cutting the wires as it worked, and it is easily reversible if you ever wanted to make the buttons work again. I personally do not use them enough to care, and the driver one still works. I disconnected both of my passenger ones as they were both problematic. good luck!

· Registered
115 Posts
Hi all,
I have an 06 Touareg with the dreaded battery drain (don't they all) and also have the Shift Into P issue. I went in and disconnected what I thought was all four door handles, but obviously pulled the wrong harness. Can you show/tell me the correct harness to pull please?
Thank you.

Small black clip, I think it's only 2-3 wires for this one and it goes right into the handle from the main harness you'll see when you remove the door card. I'm pretty sure it's the only set of wires that goes up to the handle so kind of easy to spot, but need to have the door card off completely to get a good look, sorry it's been several months since I did mine.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts