Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another success in DIY freedom from VW service centre excessive charges.
On the weekend I was able to connect a Carprog reader writer to my old kessy eeprom 93c86 chip and downloaded the data.
It was comforting to confirm from the download that the VIN numbers were the same and the key codes were also downloaded.
We then attached the data connector to the new kessy eeprom 93c86 on the new module. all data was write downloaded.
Operation took less than 5 minutes. Put Kessy card back into plastic cover installed back into Touareg instant start all great.
I did not need the eeprom code to write new data onto.
I would say that if you had the skills to solder your original eeprom to the new Kessy card that I think would also work.
The local dealer wanted $1750.00AUD for Kessy module,
$ 300.00. to reprogramme
$ 200.00 tow truck to their facilities
$2250.00 Total

Actual cost: $250.00 for VW Kessy Module from different supplier
$ 96.00 for eeprom reader & writer
$ 55.00 for beer to celebrate
$401.00 Total.

·
Registered
2,589 Posts
Another success in DIY freedom from VW service centre excessive charges.
On the weekend I was able to connect a Carprog reader writer to my old kessy eeprom 93c86 chip and downloaded the data.
It was comforting to confirm from the download that the VIN numbers were the same and the key codes were also downloaded.
We then attached the data connector to the new kessy eeprom 93c86 on the new module. all data was write downloaded.
Operation took less than 5 minutes. Put Kessy card back into plastic cover installed back into Touareg instant start all great.
I did not need the eeprom code to write new data onto.
I would say that if you had the skills to solder your original eeprom to the new Kessy card that I think would also work.
The local dealer wanted $1750.00AUD for Kessy module,
$ 300.00. to reprogramme
$ 200.00 tow truck to their facilities
$2250.00 Total

Actual cost: $250.00 for VW Kessy Module from different supplier
$ 96.00 for eeprom reader & writer
$ 55.00 for beer to celebrate
$401.00 Total.

what a great result we must get together for me to understand the exact process if you can spare the time?

regards
Drag

1 - 3 of 3 Posts