Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
if you are also installing new FFA then apply as needed. KEEP IN MIND THAT FFA CAN BE OPENED WITH 6 STAR BIT TO CHANGE FILTER INSERT ONLY ($40) VS. ($158 ) FOR NEW FFA FROM EBAY.
I have looked all up and down for the fuel filter element without the plastic flange and can not find one, please put a link up for all of us to this ebay page.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
261 Posts
your one lazy SOB... but in the name of good karma here you go..... IT DOES NOT COME WITH O RING SO SAVE YOUR OLD ONE BECAUSE IT CAN BE REUSED, OR BUY A NEW FFA

Fuel Filter Insert for 2004 to 2006 VW Touareg V6 V8 Audi Q7 Others | eBay
No I am not lazy, i did find that listing previously. Nowhere in the eBay listing does it state the filter is for gasoline engines. Take into account that filter appears slightly different in the photo than the filter in the replacement video and the listing stated it's for v6 and v8 engines which are available as diesels in Europe I just chalked it up to a miss listing as so many other ebay listings are.

·
Registered
261 Posts
IF ANYBODY FINDS THIS DIY HELPFUL PLEASE DONATE FOR MY NEXT PROJECT....EVEN 1 BUCK, YIN , RUBY, EURO, OR PESO! LOL

http://gofundme.com/dpkevez8
Dude the temp sensor is like $30 and it's under the intake tube, it took me 20 min to replace. If you release the pressure from your cooling system then put the cap back on you won't even loose any coolant. USE A NEW O-RING AND CLIP.

·
Registered
261 Posts
i wish it was that easy.... the sensor im talking about sits behind the thermostat, behind the water pump, and i have to tke the time belt off too.
If we are talking anbout the AXQ engine, (04-06 v8 touareg)There is no coolant temp sensor behind the water pump there is a thermostat behind the timing belt. You can cheat it without taking the timing belt completely off but you have to know what you are doing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.