Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello.
I was cleaning my baby this morning and when I opened the hood, I noticed that this part was hanging loose. Can anyone tell me where it's supposed to attach to or be mounted at?
Thanks

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
556 Posts
It's the air quality sensor. It's only used by the Climatronic in the auto recirculation mode, to determine whether there are any contaminants in the "fresh" air. If there are, the unit automatically switches to internal recirculation of the cabin air, until they're gone.

The interesting thing is, that this sensor is very hard to remove (and even harder to put back on) even if you want to. It's located normally under the wiper cowl, and you've to slide it onto a piece of plastic "rail" (you can see the counterpart of that on the sensor in the first picture). My guess is that whoever removed this earlier couldn't put it back on (because as already said, that's not an easy job, especially with manly fingers, unless you remove the cowl itself), and just left it hanging/dangling there.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay, understood. My cowl is broken and I'm gonna try and slide it back on with my girlie fingers. LOL

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
2 Participants
TouaregWannaBe
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing