Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here got a Touareg with the off road option of disconnectable anti-roll bars?

http://www.volkspage.net/technik/ssp/ssp/SSP_331_d1.pdf

When working for Porsche, I was sent on several training courses including one which covered the system on the Cayenne and I was lucky enough to drive on off-road to appreciate what it did.

Maybe it's a long shot, but I'd love to look into retro-fitting this to my V10 T1.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
I had a disconnected rear anti-roll bar - it had rusted right through!

A bought a Porker spare off e-bay for about thirty quid which came with the links too.

I never noticed any difference from complete VW anti-roll bar through snapped bar through to the allegedly stiffer replacement [and I don't hang about either!].

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had a disconnected rear anti-roll bar - it had rusted right through!

A bought a Porker spare off e-bay for about thirty quid which came with the links too.

I never noticed any difference from complete VW anti-roll bar through snapped bar through to the allegedly stiffer replacement [and I don't hang about either!].
Thanks. I like to be able to push on with a vehicle when required and not having the factory anti-roll bars connected would impact that. Plus, I'll be carrying my sons around in the car so I'm not about to do anything which might endanger them.

I think that I saw a thread recently about the factory disconnectable bars on here but can't find it now.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts