Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Touareg Executive 3.6
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well today a massive thunderstorm rolled through, quite a-typical of the area I live in with how severe it was. Tennis ball sized hail wreaked havoc on my Touareg. Every inch of the thing looks awful. All windows and even the windshield held up fine, but the body is ruined. This car is worth $9k max CAD. It does need some work otherwise. Brakes are a bit rotted from the previous owner having it sit for over a year. Needs front struts, and two wheel bearings. And the paint isn’t the greatest on the hatch. Lots of deep scratches. Plus I still have a pesky engine light for my aftermarket cat that I had an appt on Monday to get coded out.

what would you guys do? Take the payout but keep it? Or just surrender it? I’ve been wanting a TDI Touareg or a 4.2. But I love this thing and is otherwise in awesome shape. Can’t find a single Touareg trimmed like mine. So many features that most don’t seem to have. What would you do?

·
Learner
MY21 Wolfsburg V6 Moonlight Blue
6,313 Posts
Sorry to hear that.
Sometimes we have to let go and settle for what the change brings, nothing is forever...

·
Registered
2011 VR6 FSI LUX
2,034 Posts
Bummer to hear about your Treg.
Maybe Singh is right. Get what you can for it and move on.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
I agree to move on as hard as it will be. Redoing the whole topside of the car is major deal and with questionable results. an you get a new one in Canada? We can't here in the states.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I agree to move on as hard as it will be. Redoing the whole topside of the car is major deal and with questionable results. an you get a new one in Canada? We can't here in the states.
Yeah I think that’s what I’ll do. But yes they are kicking around for sale. Anywhere from 10-13k Canadian for a decent diesel one

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not in ON.... maybe out there, but over on this side you can't even get a heap for under 20k.
Strange. There’s not a lot for sale in my area, just two right now. But they are regularly around. I’m in Alberta. Lots of Albertans bought diesel Volkswagens so we seem to have lots haha

1 - 8 of 8 Posts