Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys

In my Tou 2012, the front fog lights turn on when the side markers and the light are on. I'm moving to Europe and want to disable it.

According with the VAGCOM long code helping, to disable it the bit of bite 4 of module 9 (J519) has to be zero.

I tried but does not works. It is appears this code it is not good for this module as the VAGCOM helper says.

Anyone has try doing this tweak . Any clue?

This is the code of this module:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Address 09: Cent. Elect. (J519) Labels: 4H0-907-063.clb
Part No SW: 4H0 907 063 BD HW: 4H0 907 063 D
Component: BCM1 2.0 H12 0100
Revision: 15012002 Serial number: 00000001066769
Coding: 26001012973C5D010020180300005D0C431C46088201026100 0000020000
Shop #: WSC 31414 790 00001
VCID: 6BD5206F8A9DD540E59

Subsystem 1 - Part No SW: 7P0 955 119 HW: 7P0 955 119 Labels: 1KX-955-119.CLB
Component: WWS 110902 31 0020
Coding: 004DBD

Subsystem 2 - Part No SW: 7P0 955 559 D HW: 7P0 955 559 D Labels: 8K0-955-559.CLB
Component: RLFS H09 0011
Coding: 025223

Subsystem 3 - Part No SW: 7P6 941 431 E HW: 7P6 941 431 E
Component: E1 - LDS H04 0031

Subsystem 4 - Part No SW: 4H0 907 410 A HW: 4H0 907 410 A
Component: USHL4.2 H30 0020

No fault code found.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Why do you want to disable it because you are coming to Europe?

We have the same "left fog on when turning left and right fog on when going right" function on many cars here already!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Why do you want to disable it because you are coming to Europe?

We have the same "left fog on when turning left and right fog on when going right" function on many cars here already!
I mean , I want to disable the fog lights when turn on the directional markers.
I think it is not legal in Europe.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
They're legal [as long as the fog light, when it comes on, is not flashing as well!].

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
It's only the fog light on the side that is signalling that comes on, and I believe that they are only activated when you are travelling quite slowly (below 20kph rings a bell....).
Can't see a safety issue there.

·
Registered
2011 Touareg VR6 FSI
778 Posts
OK kicking the dust off an old thread.
Unlike the OP I am not going to Europe. I, like the OP, DO want to disable the cornering fog lights.
Now before anyone posts up snarky comments about rabbit hunting at night, or maybe I prefer the lighting systems of like 50 years ago, or take the bulbs out, or paint them the color of the vehicle, I just want to know if anyone knows how to turn them off with VCDS. Those are the only follow up comments I need.
It's getting old people coming up to me after pulling into a parking lot and telling me one of my fog lamps is out. I've got to spend an extra 5-10 minutes of my life with each person who tells me this explaining and/or demonstrating VW's "ingenious" lighting system only to have them say "That's stupid". Funny thing is... I agree w/them.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Sorry, for posting the comment you don't need. Why old people in USA coming? Yes, it is good they are not indifferent. But, many cars (like BMW X3, X5) share fog lights with ingenious system. Is that something new for them? Soon, VW cars will communicate each other by means of lights...

Attachments

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
I agree they are frickin' irritating just to see and I'm very glad I don't have them fitted as when they first appeared I admit, I was one of those who thought "he's got a duff fog light!"

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I must be missing something. The fog lights are controlled by the light switch on the dash. Cornering lights which come on at low speeds when turning are not the fog lights. The other thing you may be talking about is if you leave the indicators on when turning off the car the left (or right, depending on which way you were indicating) parking light stays on which is a Euro thing for saving battery usage when leaving the parking lights on, only the road side ones should be lit up. John

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
The cornering lights I see do appear to be the fog lights in use one at a time and I definitely don't think the guy is thinking of the indicator/side light function.

So, back to the original question, how do you the cornering lifghs off?!

If the cornering lights are solely cornering lights and not used for anything else then pulling the fuse would do the trick.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
I must be missing something. The fog lights are controlled by the light switch on the dash. Cornering lights which come on at low speeds when turning are not the fog lights. The other thing you may be talking about is if you leave the indicators on when turning off the car the left (or right, depending on which way you were indicating) parking light stays on which is a Euro thing for saving battery usage when leaving the parking lights on, only the road side ones should be lit up. John
schootsie,

he drives Touareg NF, yours is GP.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Those are the only follow up comments I need.
OK, now the comment you need (in the name of American old people):

Long coding 09 block (I have no idea how to get there (as I have no VCDS))

disable

byte 4 bit 0

byte 9 bit 5

·
Registered
2011 Touareg VR6 FSI
778 Posts

disable

byte 4 bit 0

byte 9 bit 5

American old people?? lol
I'll try this when I get a chance and report back.

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
I think he meant, " it's getting old, people..."
?

·
Registered
2011 Touareg VR6 FSI
778 Posts

disable

byte 4 bit 0

byte 9 bit 5

OK I FINALLY got a chance to try this.

Byte 4 bit 0 (unchecked fog lights when cornering active)
Byte 9 bit 5 ... doesn't exist.

Clicked do it, coding was accepted. I still have the fog light(s) come on when turning.

Anyone else have any ideas? I swear I'm at the point of choking the next person who tells me I have a fog light out (almost seems like a Monty Python skit).

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Strange, this guidance was confirmed by many NF owners.

Anyway, talking to strangers helps to cope with late life loneliness. So, you will continue to empower old people.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Anyway, talking to strangers helps to cope with late life loneliness. So, you will continue to empower old people.
LOL!

It's doing your bit for the mental health of strangers and at least you can tell them their eyesight is still okay too!

·
Registered
2011 Touareg VR6 FSI
778 Posts
LOL!

It's doing your bit for the mental health of strangers and at least you can tell them their eyesight is still okay too!

My sanity is more valuable to me than being able to reiterate to them that their eyesight is still good.

If anyone else has any relevant information on how to turn off the fog lights when cornering without adding irrelevant keyboard fodder it would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
More fodder . . .

Do you have access to a wiring diagram for the back of the dashboard headlight switch?

1 - 20 of 50 Posts