Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I have managed to blow out the lower speaker in my rear right door, and every time that music is played in the car, the speaker crackles very loudly. Is there any way I can disconnect or disable that speaker until I can find the time to get another one put in?
Thanks,
Curt

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought of that, but all of the other speakers work as desired and that also sounds strange as you hear nothing from the back. Do the speakers have a plug to power that I can remove, or are they wired to power? That may be a dumb question but I'm not very knowledgeable in this aspect.
Thanks!
Curt

·
Administrator
4,330 Posts
With all the effort required to "disable" the speaker, then same amount would be required to replace it. Fading forward is your best bet.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am going to replace it, I was just wondering if I can disable it until I can find the time to put another one in. I guess I'll fade front and deal with it until I can put another one in. Thanks!
Curt

·
Registered
381 Posts
You pull the handle partially open and there is a round cylinder on the end of the cable that locks into a channel on the actual handle. Repeat the process when you put it back together.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts