Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I have two questions about my 2010 VW Touareg. I've been to a car repair shop (not VW) and to AutoZone and they gave me two different opinions. And I've been all over the internet looking for answers today trying to figure it out, without success.

First question:
I have 3 lights that have burnt out in my car within 2 months. Could this be coincidence, or something more. I have had to replace the right rear brake light 3 times in 14 months, fyi.

Someone wanted to charge me $250. to replace my left 'dipped beam' which i found out is another name for a lowbeam light.
The prices are all over the place. Should I spend $70 on a light, or is there a light for cheaper that is fine (around $35)?
Is this easy to put in? I've watched the videos online and it seems simple. I just want to know approx. how long it would take so someone doesn't try to charge me too much for replacing the light.

Second question:

My rear hatch is acting up. When I pushed the hatch on the key it didn't open. The motor engaged and but it didn't unlatch. I tried the side button on the driver's side door and same thing- motor engaged but it didn't unlatch and go up.

Again, I've been on the internet today and found alot of varying reasons this would be happening.
Could it be fuses causing it to lag? or if it's making a sound would that rule that out?
Could it just be the latch? You can still manually open the door from the inside with the lever on the inside of the hatch.
Or could the motor be going? And just not have enough power to unlatch the door?

Thanks in advance for any replies! Much appreciated!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I forgot to add the three lights that have needed to be replaced are the front left dipped beam, the left rear brake light, and the front rear brake light. Thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts