Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As anyone had the top of the tube crack and crumble? I've replaced the dip stick when it broke, now the tube top is shot. How much of a hassle is it to replace? It's a v10.

·
Multiple v10tdi owner
(3)2004 V10tdi’s
982 Posts
I have one to instill also. Haven't done it yet but looks like the tube is bolted in two spots by looking at the new one....other than that it looks like it pushes in place.

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
I've looked at mine to try to figure out what is causing the restriction to oil flow into the tube (it takes 10 min to get a reading on the dipstick). I have not yet found out how to access the bolts holding it in place without removing the engine!

·
Registered
198 Posts
I have the same issue with the cracked top. Could someone post a pic of the tube out of the reg so I can get an idea where these bolts are?
Thanks

·
Registered
733 Posts
I've looked at mine to try to figure out what is causing the restriction to oil flow into the tube (it takes 10 min to get a reading on the dipstick). I have not yet found out how to access the bolts holding it in place without removing the engine!
Undo the filler cap and it should register a lot quicker. Seems to get an air lock.
I just about had chickens the first time I pulled the dipstick with nothing showing. Cheers, Dub

·
Registered
702 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Mine has the enlarged upper end - it is sized to seal against the O-ring on the dipstick.
Thanks for the drawing.

Reactions: hallkbrdz

·
Registered
733 Posts
Here is mine - a T2. Complete with a coating of outback Queensland on the donk. (Donk is Aussie for engine). Cheers, Dub

Attachments

·
Registered
198 Posts
I took a look today and the top bolt is easy to see. The lower is accessible once the protective panel under the motor is removed. I would make sure I had a couple of the Orings for the bottom slide in on hand before I removed the damaged tube.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I have checked with dealer, end plastic piece isn't available like it was on older vw's.

I guess I might have to do something like this.

·
Registered
519 Posts
I have had the collar broken for the last 5k miles, do I really need it or can I live without it?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts