Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Treg'ers

Just returning to OZ after 5 years traveling Europe by Boat. I'm trying to decide which Treg to get, BTW Had a V10TDI before leaving for our last adventure.

Question always asked of me are

!. What do you want to use the Beast for?

Answer:- Comfortable travelling throughout this great land of ours, towing a Camper Trailer or a Jaco Swan or similar. Would like to be able to Park on Beaches overnight where allowable, but no heavy duty Off road work.

2. What's is Budget

Answer:-$25-45K

I'm looking at the following models:

Late 7L Series V6 TDI with Low Mileage & Full Maintenance Records
7P Series V6 TDI with Low Mileage & Full Maintenance Records
Wolfsburg Edition V6 TDI with Low Mileage & Full Maintenance Records
Adventure Series V6 TDI with Low Mileage & Full Maintenance Records

Appreciate that the last 2 would be a bit more costly

I have 3 Questions:-

1. Do I need 4XMotion?
2. What are the Major Servicing items I should be aware of when these model get over 100,000 kms
3. Which one would you personall Buy and why

Many thanks in advance for any input, its great to be back and part of this great Forum again.

All you wish for yourselves for 2020 and Safe Travels

Reg Mason

·
Registered
25 Posts
I actually think you have answered most of your own questions however if your towing I would look for a 180kw with Air Suspension, if your not doing any serious off road work then you won't need the 4Xmotion. Good service history is always the preferred but as you have stated you will usually pay a little more for it. Dealer fitted factory tow bar is an advantage as it will work with the factory towing software that is already installed in the car.

Hope that helps, good luck with the search.

·
Registered
305 Posts
If you are considering serious towing then do not get a vehicle with a sunroof. You will not be able to afford (weight wise) the 80 to 100kg loss in payload plus this removes the option of carrying anything heavy on the roof (you lost that to the sunroof).

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
It's a great shame that VW in the last 10 years went from an innovetive manufacturer, producing a hard punching full on 4WD with great towing capability, great performance and a luxurious everyday drive to a gelded version of the Japanese view of what the public wants to drive.
Unfortunately to mind at least, vale to the the post 7L Touareg.
:cry:
TonyB

1 - 4 of 4 Posts