Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear members, at first I want to send my regards to all. At second, I want to advertise you that I'm a Portuguese guy, if I made a mistake, don't be mad at me.
My Treg, 2.5 TDI of 2005 seems to have something strange....when I leave it for a long time, usually more than 24 hours it seems to loose the fuel pressure or something like that and when I tried to start it up, it only starts after a few attempts. Curiously, at any other situation it starts up almost instantaneously like a new car.
Does anyone have any idea for what the hell is causing this? In the last month I've started it up more than a hundred of times and it only do this 3 times...but when it does, it really does.
If anyone can help me i'll appreciate so much..

·
Registered
336 Posts
Just a guess, Does your drivers door indicator show up in the dash display when the door is open, (Do all the internal,lights come on as you expect?).
My line if thinking is that your door micro switch has failed, this switch controls Ecu logic like fuel priming and the fuel pump is not priming due to a defective door micro switch when you get in the car.

It's an easy check, and if this is the case then you can prime with the the key instead until you get it fixed, which I am yet to figure out how to do......

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Try also posting on the UK site - www.mytreg.com - where there are more R5 owners.

Do you park the car on a slope facing uphill by any chance?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just a guess, Does your drivers door indicator show up in the dash display when the door is open, (Do all the internal,lights come on as you expect?).
My line if thinking is that your door micro switch has failed, this switch controls Ecu logic like fuel priming and the fuel pump is not priming due to a defective door micro switch when you get in the car.

It's an easy check, and if this is the case then you can prime with the the key instead until you get it fixed, which I am yet to figure out how to do......
Well, thank you for try to help me.
The car does it again today, only starts up after a few attempts. The drivers door indicator shows up like it should and all the lights seems to be like they should.
Despite all this things seems to be ok, there's a thing I've forgotten to mention....when the cars is trying to start up, it shows on the dash a yellow signal with a car on a inclined descent, but at the garage the cars stays almost at the horizontal, there's only a few degrees of inclination.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Try also posting on the UK site - www.mytreg.com - where there are more R5 owners.

Do you park the car on a slope facing uphill by any chance?

Well I always park the car at the garage that's almost perfectly horizontal, but when the cars is trying to start up, it shows on the dash a yellow signal with a car on a inclined descent, but if there's only a few degrees of inclination to the front of the vehicle what the hell is happening here?
I'll follow your tip, and after work i'll put this on the uk forum.

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
The reason I asked is someone who parked facing up an incline found their car was letting the diesel run back to the tank so the system was having to pump fuel up hill again to get it going.

When he parked it facing downhill the problem went away.

I don't remember the technical details but I think it was possibly chaser on the UK forum who provided the answer.

·
Registered
557 Posts
My drive isn't flat, but at what angle is needed to have the dash warning? I've never seen that icon lit.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I don't believe it would cause any ignition lockout but best let others who know about this stuff have a look, the handbook / owners manual was very vague, but it doesn't look like it is the cause of your problem, yet.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey guys, I think we finally figured it out the problem, and if it is really this, it's a common problem of these engines.
I've exposed the situation in the Uk forum MyTreg and there's a post with exactly the same symptoms and they've found that was the injector sealings the cause of the fuel pressure losses.
With this in mind, i've exposed the situation to the VW workshop and they've said that this is most likely the cause.
In one week the car will have these parts changed and after that I'll tell you the results.
I've so many bad things in the past with the dealers and the workshops that I've to tell you that I don't trust in them at all.
Your help was determinant for me to allow them to change the injetor sealings.
I'd like to thank you all!
As soon as I can I'll tell you more.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't believe it would cause any ignition lockout but best let others who know about this stuff have a look, the handbook / owners manual was very vague, but it doesn't look like it is the cause of your problem, yet.

Hey guys, I think we finally figured it out the problem, and if it is really this, it's a common problem of these engines.
I've exposed the situation in the Uk forum MyTreg and there's a post with exactly the same symptoms and they've found that was the injector sealings the cause of the fuel pressure losses.
With this in mind, i've exposed the situation to the VW workshop and they've said that this is most likely the cause.
In one week the car will have these parts changed and after that I'll tell you the results.
I've so many bad things in the past with the dealers and the workshops that I've to tell you that I don't trust in them at all.
Your help was determinant for me to allow them to change the injetor sealings.
I'd like to thank you all!
As soon as I can I'll tell you more.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts