Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have with my touareg since march,2004 and last week with 15,000km the hose of the differential burn and all the oil went out, now the dealer tell me in Mexico that is a problem that they havent had it before and it is warranty so they need to change the hose and the differential, I am just waiting for the tech guys from the headquarters in Puebla to take a look to my treg to check, what was the problem and then install the new hose and the new differential. I will post again on tuesday with updates.
I miss my V8 treg, the headquarters lend me a jetta and its horrible.

· Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The problem was the differential had a small pore a factory seal problem and when the differential gets hotter the steel expandes and loose oil and when the hose try to get oil and it was loosing oil the hose gets hotter and it burn, this problem costs like $6,000usd with $900 of labor, my touareg is ready and is working perfectly. But I am not comfortable with that so I send a letter to VW to ask them to do something else for me, I hope it works.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.