Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
1,675 Posts
I have started noticing a diesel smell inside the cabin when the car is sitting still or idling. Never had this before but I am noticing that now. It has 113,000 miles on it and it’s a 2009. What could cause this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Mine has the same issue and confirmed today that this EGR lower pipe is cracked in the flex part. Getting this replaced by VW under warranty. Thanks for sharing as VW could not figure anything. I tore into this and found it cracked.

· Registered
1,675 Posts
G'day mate, did you solve your issue? I have smoke coming from my engine bay and into the cab, same as you. Have to drive the car with aircon on recirculate all the time now because I don't think those fumes are particularly healthy. Another friend who also has an R50 has also suggested they look at the EGR as some has suggested here. It would be good if you could let me know what the outcome was. Thanks mate.
Yes new EGR pipe, gaskets etc. Slew of parts on the list replaced under warranty thank god.

I did not have smoke, that sounds like an oil leak to me.

My solution was replacing the EGR pipe shown above.

· Registered
1,675 Posts
Mine under new VW warranty for emissions scandal of the century!

Intermittently, hmm. Once the EGR pipe is cracked it's cracked. Heat or cold cycle won't open or close it. Intermittently and Smoke must be an oil leak.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts