Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
49 Posts
Solution?

G'day mate, did you solve your issue? I have smoke coming from my engine bay and into the cab, same as you. Have to drive the car with aircon on recirculate all the time now because I don't think those fumes are particularly healthy. Another friend who also has an R50 has also suggested they look at the EGR as some has suggested here. It would be good if you could let me know what the outcome was. Thanks mate.

· Registered
49 Posts
Thanks.

Yes new EGR pipe, gaskets etc. Slew of parts on the list replaced under warranty thank god.

I did not have smoke, that sounds like an oil leak to me.

My solution was replacing the EGR pipe shown above.

Thanks for the reply. No luck with warranty for me. It's been out of warranty for many years. Couldn't justify the costs of extending the warranty. I'll have them check it out. Don't think it's an oil leak either. Like your problem it's only happening intermittently, and of course never happens when the car is with the dealer. An oil leak would be visible as well as be there most of the time. I've taken a couple of videos when it did smoke, so hopefully that'll give them some idea of what's going on. I'm hoping it's the EGR and not a turbo. Thanks again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts