Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
61 Posts
yup. i have been struggling with this for about 18 months. First it was a drivers side flex pipe... got that repaired and 10,000kms later it got really bad this week... the worst it has ever been. Took it in yesterday and found out today its leaking from the actuator on the turbo-a non serviceable part. bottom line turbo replacement $2,000 usd installed. hope your situation has less expensive solution. (2009 V6 TDI).

· Registered
61 Posts
further update to my exhaust smell issues- once the turbo was removed the pipe running from the exhaust to the EGR was also found to be leaking through a crack on the accordion like area of the pipe... see pictures. pictures also show all the black soot like accumulation around where the vane actuator enters the exhaust side of the turbo. the small cracked pipe has a filter screen in it and this little pipe was $740 Canadian.

overtime my Diesel smell got stronger and stronger to the point it became painful at idle or stuck in traffic. on the open road moving it was not noticeable.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts