Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 8 of 9 Posts

· Registered
'14 TDI Execline
3,953 Posts
Without codes, and MVB data, we are all just guessing.
Get actual data in order to take the proper action\approach.
It's a young vehicle, so DPF requiring replacement is very unlikely (unless ofcourse, I'm the guy selling you the DPF and I want to buy some nice stuff with my profits)
It's more than likely one of the many supporting components that's failed (read an EGT sensor, pressure sensor, other supporting system component) which has cause the otherwise "autonomous" active regens to take place.
Once you isolate the issue, you can address it.

A proper tool like VCDS could tell you when your last regen happened, how many attempted\requested\interrupted regens have taken place, distance and time between successful ones, etc.... not to mention soot and ash load readings.

You can either insist on a proper diagnostic to get all these answers, or you can throw expensive parts at it based on the "claims" of those who will make $$$ off your part chucking escapade.

· Registered
'14 TDI Execline
3,953 Posts
Gents, without being able to see specifics you are jumping to conclusions. It won't cost me anything, so if you want to replace DPFs or whatever on a whim, go for it.

Pay for VCDS and see for sure what you have. The DPF won't clog to a level that it needs to be replaced that early. The system went into limo mode to prevent that and many other very expensive failures. You need proper tools to see what the ECU is being presented with which makes it step in to take preventative action.

· Registered
'14 TDI Execline
3,953 Posts
It isn't BS. The MAF is one of the many system components which needs to provide correct data in order to make things be fully autonomous. Without the system knowing how much air it's sucking in initially, it cannot continue to function as intended.

· Registered
'14 TDI Execline
3,953 Posts
I wish I would have knows this yesterday... "Don't turn the engine off but instead go for a hard run to clear it off".
It's not always that easy... that only works when everything is OK and you've just repeatedly interrupted active regen attempts.... if you have failed system components, you can run it hard all you want.... it won't "clear off".

1 - 8 of 9 Posts