Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ended up getting me a 05 V6 Touareg today- so far so good :) but it seems like there are soooo many options with upgrading factory HU.

In short, I'm looking for something with Bluetooth - but compatible with the Iphone 3GS, Ipod hookup, NAV -not that worried if its not amazing and don't care to have a DVD player. Would be great if it worked with steering controls etc. but its not a deal breaker

Any thoughts that meet the above and not going nuts on the price - $500-700 ok, less works also. Looking forward to spending hours on this forum learning the in's&outs of this great car - including the garage door opener I gave up with and am saving for a rainy day...

·
Registered
197 Posts
As a consumer, I have been upgrading to aftermarket stereos in my cars for years. Both full head units, along with intergation to factory head units with aftermarket amps and speakers.

Would recommend you find a good trusted stereo shop in your area to go by and look at all the options. Base units run as low as $100-$200, with full Nav units in the $700-$1200 (and up) depending on the features you are looking for.

You could also check other forums online that are specific to aftermarket stereos to see options and reviews on particular head units.

Alpine, Pioneer, Kenwood sites are also good information. Would also recommend Cruthfield.com for good information.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts