Club Touareg Forum banner

81 - 98 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
I was referring to the performance aspect of the vehicle gained through the ECU tune. I agree with your sentiment regarding "coal rollers". I try to avoid doing it if I can :)
You answered your own question. Everyone with any sensibility hates coal rollers.
Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
I went for a drive last night after getting the delete kit and Malone Stage 2 upgrade on my 14' TDI RLine. Wow, what a difference. It feels like it breathes so much better. No hesitations or turbo lag, very responsive throttle. Cant wait to see what this does for my diesel mileage. Why didn't this vehicle come this way from the factory? A big thank you to Neil at Import Auto Service in Saskatoon, Sk.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Nice and exciting info on here. Funny... I also just purchased a 2013 Touareg TDI with 159k on the clock and have just purchased a Malone stage 2 raw tech with delete kit ! I presently don’t get over 26 mpg with the emissions Fix done by former owner. I am getting a rear main oil seal repaired under extended warranty first , then the tune and delete goes on. Hoping to see the improvements you guys talk about here! I plan on doing a transmission fluid exchange as well with BG oil. I wonder if its still be worth trying to schedule a TCM reflash after doing the Malone tune? It definitely shifts at higher rpms when cold, right now I simply manually shift it down till its warmed up, then things flow nicely. I also want to tow a 4000 lb + camper this coming spring. Learning here. Any advise you guys have for me ? Thanks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Nice and exciting info on here. Funny... I also just purchased a 2013 Touareg TDI with 159k on the clock and have just purchased a Malone stage 2 raw tech with delete kit ! I presently don’t get over 26 mpg with the emissions Fix done by former owner. I am getting a rear main oil seal repaired under extended warranty first , then the tune and delete goes on. Hoping to see the improvements you guys talk about here! I plan on doing a transmission fluid exchange as well with BG oil. I wonder if its still be worth trying to schedule a TCM reflash after doing the Malone tune? It definitely shifts at higher rpms when cold, right now I simply manually shift it down till its warmed up, then things flow nicely. I also want to tow a 4000 lb + camper this coming spring. Learning here. Any advise you guys have for me ? Thanks.
Smart getting that seal fixed first and congrats on the decision to do the upgrades. You're going to love it! I tow my 21 foot camper a few times a year with this car. It handles it very well; way better than my wife's old 2015 Colorado. I had the dealer install the OEM wiring harness for the trailer and I installed a brake controller and hitch receiver from etrailer.com without any issues. I'm definitely looking to do the TCM flash back to pre-emissions fix if possible.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I run stage 2 tune with out deletes on my 2011. I have zero issued with DPF, DEF, HPFP, or even passing emissions. The last road trip I took I hit 750 miles on one tank of fuel. The second tank I've hit 1/2 a tank at 412 miles. I also have 165,500 miles on the vehicle.

I'm due for the VW fix in a few weeks. Then I will tune it again and keep the emissions systems.
How are things after the fix and retune? Still trouble free?

·
Registered
17 Posts
DFE and adblue delete, Malone or APR tuning Reply to Thread

I run stage 2 tune with out deletes on my 2011. I have zero issued with DPF, DEF, HPFP, or even passing emissions. The last road trip I took I hit 750 miles on one tank of fuel. The second tank I've hit 1/2 a tank at 412 miles. I also have 165,500 miles on the vehicle.

I'm due for the VW fix in a few weeks. Then I will tune it again and keep the emissions systems.
How are things after the fix and retune? Still trouble free?

·
Registered
283 Posts
So when you say "stock tune" that means the way it operates today after the dieselgate fix.

If you are going to make minimal changes to the current post fix settings you would do a stage 1 tune with no delete. This would put the shift points back to where they belong (my understanding) and optimize fuel and boost delivery.
Hello, are you sure shift points are impacted by the tune? I was under the impression that the transmission requires a separate flash to older firmware to under the post-fix shifting issues. Thx for any "for sure" knowledge.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Shift points are determined by TCM , and reprogramming does the great job. Deletes with Malone's tune gives power and economic gain. I am now getting 31 mpg at 75 mph, power to spare

·
Registered
18 Posts
I have a 2015, already gone thru Dieselgate and am looking to tune and delete. I noticed that most of the delete kits do not include the Turbo to DPT pipe or "Downpipe". I am thinking that the one sensor on that pipe is a Turbo output temp reader. Am I correct? Have any of you done this to a 2015 and would you recommend replacing the downpipe to eliminate the oxidation catalyst converter? Any thoughts on RawTek vs. BuzzKen?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I actually just did this to my 2013 Touareg LUX. I wasn't a big fan of the new shift points and had some shudder in the lower RPM's doing city driving. I scheduled an appointment with a Malone reseller who also installed the buzzken DPF delete. Performance change is remarkable, torque is through the roof. I made a calculated bet to get VW's fix, then take it to get tuned. Really the only thing I am worried about is the HPFP blowing up and any warranty work (or issues I might encounter because of tune) necessary. If anything this should extend the life of cat and turbo.

MPG's you might get 10%, although with the added power its hard to not use it and decrease the milage with a heavy foot.

With the tune and delete I dont really hear much change in exhaust note, although under even moderate throttle you can definitely see the diesel cloud out the exhaust. It now smells like a diesel too, which could turn some people off. You cant smell this in the cabin but once you roll windows down or in the garage its noticeable.
Diesel smell beats the cat piss odor of DEF any day.

·
Registered
2011 VW Touareg Execline TDI
1 Posts
Hi everyone, new to this forum and just bought a 2011 Execline TDI and want to do the Malone stage 2 tune with deletes. I was wondering how easy it is to delete/install the exhaust pieces without a hoist? How is it just using a car jack or is it easier on ramps? Any advice would be great. I really don't want to spend $2500 plus motel costs for one night, as most places want it overnight, to have someone else do this when I can save money and do it myself if possible. Thanks.

81 - 98 of 98 Posts