Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a question. After reading this board, I am trying to determine if a careful test drive will reveal whether a vehicle is prone to have the MFI buzz. Is this a day one problem so that if a test drive does not show it one can feel that the car is ok? Are there particular conditions which bring it on?

I test drove a car I am ready to buy and could find no dash or MFI buzzing at all.

Any other "day one" type faults one should be looking for?

I did detect a very slight out of balance condition at 70mph which I have said must be confirmed to be gone before I will take delivery. Hopefully this is just a tire/wheel balance problem and nothing more.

The car has Continentals on it. What is the view on those vs. Pirellis?

Thanks,

Jeff

· Registered
1,556 Posts
MFI buzz: It should be easily audible when you turn the car on, without starting the engine. In my Touareg I can hear it easily, but it is at the same level or lower than the engine so once the engine is started, I can't really hear it anymore.

There's a checklist in the links on this site: http://www.tm-techmark.com/tri.htm where you can check for many potential issues on day one.

IMHO be very careful with that 70mph vibration, you don't want to end up with an issue like this!

No experience with the Pirellis, I have the Contis and they are fine with me for now... :mrgreen: ...someday!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.