Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Registered
3,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

As some of you may remember, I previously posted that I was going to have my TOUAREG's front windows tinted with the new 35AT Llumar Green Tint. I had the windows done today - and they look incredible!!!!

So far, there is only one tint shop in the Denver area that I am aware of that is doing the TOUAREG Tint (as I'm now calling it) and the guy was awesome.

Now for the particulars. If any TOUAREG owner is looking to have their front windows done, Chris Bonhote at AutoBon Window Tinting has the Llumar film and is offering a deal to any TOUAREG owner who calls wanting their windows done and they mention that they read about this on ClubTouareg.com.

He will do the two front windows with the new Llumar 35AT Green Tint and put a lifetime warranty on it for $80.00. \:D/

Chris just opened his shop after spending more than a decade living in Europe working on VW's and Audis. He's been tinting windows for more than two decades. I can tell you this guy is very detail oriented in his work and it shows.

Chris' shop is located at 57 E. Powers Avenue in Littleton, Colorado. For those of you in the Denver area, it's at Broadway and Littleton Blvd.

His number is 303-794-1113.

This is not intended to be an ad, I just know there are a many TOUAREG owners in this area looking to have their windows done, and this guy did a kick-ass job. Plus, the guy's just starting up his business... so why not help a person out.

Pictures Coming!!!!

· Registered
3,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Picture #1

Attachments

· Registered
3,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Picture #2

Attachments

· Registered
3,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Picture #3

Attachments

· Registered
3,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Picture #4
Sorry about the picture quality, my cheap-ass digital camera sometimes can't handle all that beautiful Colorado sunshine.

As you can see, the color match is absolutely perfect!!!!

Attachments

· Administrator
4,378 Posts
That look AWESOME! Oops, I feel $80 burning a hole in my pocket. Does it feel a little tighter inside with the tint?

Let me know how night driving is with it as well.

· Registered
3,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It didn't feel any different than before - oh yea, except I didn't have the direct sunlight beating down on me!!!! :giggle:

· Registered
3,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I didn't have any problems driving around at night with the tint... I specifically checked it out last night.

A couple of things... the front window tint is at a 35% rating, where as the back windows are at 20% - so the front windows are not as dark. The amazing part about this new tint is, you've really got to look at it to notice the difference in darkness.... it's amazing.

Plus, I've had the windows tinted on my vehicles as long as I've been driving, so I'm very used to driving around with tinted windows.

I think you'll like it a lot!

· Registered
139 Posts
Very nice. I don't suppose anyone knows of anyone in CT doing the same thing... also I'd like to find someone with a VAG-COM who can:

Get rid of my ACCEPT screen, and my seat belt warning chime.

I know the dealer, except I don't think an authorized dealer is allowed to disable those two things.

Spockcat... does he have one? (I'm sure spock will be reading this at some point)

· Registered
3,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
UPDATE: TINT WARRANTY INFO

A question has risen about the warranty, so here's what I've learned

I talked with Rick in Denver who is the Llumar rep for this area.

The AT35 Green film for the TOUAREG has a three year warranty, but it goes deeper than that. The following information is what Rick told me today.

The film was created specifically for the TOUAREG in Germany has only been recently introduced to the United States. Because the film does not contain any metal, it does not have the lifetime warranty, but Rick expects that to change down the road.

Rick says that Llumar uses the best adhesive in the industry and that it is highly unlikely the bubbling and cracking will happen with this tint. The film is highly scratch resistant, but as with anything, if you hit it hard enough, you'll scratch anything.

Rick says if you tend to garage your TOUAREG, it is going to be very long time before this film fades. If you're TOUAREG sits in the sunshine all the time, you'll eventually see fading. Rick adds the film comes with the best UV protection material, which is going to make fading even tougher.

Now, my two cents. Having grown up in Las Vegas and having window tint on every vehicle I've owned, and they did sit out in the sun - I've never had fading problem with window tint. I can't say it was Llumar - but the southwest can be harsh - so if tint can survive there - it can survive anywhere.

Bottom Line: If you want this great looking tint - just get it!

· Registered
35 Posts
Wow! Holy :censored:! That looks absolutely fantastic. :)

By any chance did you have a windshield strip done as well? I'm still irked that VW doesn't tint the front windows from the factory, but if I can find a local shop with the Llumar green then I'll be as sound as a pound. :)

-Des

· Registered
3,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Chris did remove the door panels and covered just about the entire piece of glass on the doors. The door panel is quite an impressive assembly when you see if off.

· Registered
61 Posts
Thank you for your quick answer!!!!!!

Let me explain you: In two or three months I will have to return to Spain, and I intend to take the car with me.

In Europe the law doesn't allow to have the front windows tinted, and if I don't get to make it legal I'm afraid that I would have to remove the film "in site" at the inspection point, so I would like to know if you have seen any car with the film placed on the window without taking out the door panel, to make it easier for me to take out the film in case I had to do it...

Would it look ok if they installed it without removing the door panel?

Thanks again for the valuable time that you spend with me!!!!!!!!

Best regards.

· Registered
3,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
If you have to remove the film, it will be easier to take off. Just peel it off and you should be able to get it off the part of the window that is below the door seal.

Good Luck!

· Registered
61 Posts
OK!! Sorry for my insistence (English is not my language, so in some cases I don't fully understand certain phrases... :-s ), but do you mean that even if they take off the door panel and place the film in the whole area of the window it would be easy for me to take off the film if I needed?

I thought that if the film is sticked to the window below the door seal it would be impossible to take this part of the film off, unless one cut it with a cutter or similar...

Another question: How long does the Treg need to stay at the film shop? Or perhaps one can drive it home without moving the window for some days?

Thanks again for your assistance!!!!! I will install the film for sure but I would like to decide if installing it one or other way with your help.

BTW.- I LOVE the Treg's look with the front windows tinted. It looks PERFECT!!! And I'm eager to install it... when it's done I will post some pics.

· Registered
3,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You shouldn't have any problems removing the film - unless several years pass, but that's another issue. The film is very tough, so once you start removing it - it should go fairly easy.

As for time in the shop - it took about two hours to get it done and most generally the installers will let you watch them do the work.

The only thing you need to do is leave your car in the sun for a couple of days - to get really good adhesion and NOT ROLL DOWN THE WINDOWS for two to three days.

After that - good times!!!! :joy:

· Registered
61 Posts
Thanks!!!!!

I emailed the Llumar representative to ask them to tell me the dealers in my area and I'm waiting for their response. When I know where to go...

:joy:

I'll have all windows (except the windshield) TINTED!!!!

The only doubt will be if tinting the whole window (taking out the door panel to do so) as you did, or tinting just the part of the window that one can see (without taking out the door panels, perhaps easier to remove the film if I have to...). We'll see what I do...

BTW.- I'd love to see them adhering the film!! we'll see if they allow me to do so...

Thanks again!!!!!!!!!!

· Registered
61 Posts
Thank you!!!

When I went to the installer and asked them about the 35AT Llumar Green tint they looked at me like that: 8-[ and they offered me a "formula one" film that was very close to the factory one.

Then, I called the Llumar representative and he told me that he was going to send the film to the Llumar installer of my area where I asked. I don't know if it will finally happen..... in case that they don't do it, I'd contact you to get the film.

Thank you very much!!!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.