Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Unfortunately none of that line of Michelin fits the Touareg or even comes close to it, you likely wont find many running them. Its a shame they dont make our sizing.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
I'm fairly sure they don't offer any OEM Touareg sizing?

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
^Yep, you're def right. Good find.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Hell ya!! Please let us know how you like them.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
pics?

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
I meant on the car lol

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I will in the am but it looks like a black tire stamped Michelin. I used to think the Defender was like a granpa tire in a way it is it softens bumps quite a bit but still handles very nice. 10.5 mm tread, well siped tread blocks and wide grooves between the tread block rows keep em cool and Id think/hope bite snow. I ski 25 days a year and get sick of noisey snows. Ill change em in the spring to the Pirellis keep the wear down i have 3 sets of rims. The dealer suggested em said people noticed the faint noise from the Cross Climates and I could always switch with the 30 day trial but i'm not

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I did drive a 200 miles on the interstate. The steering is a little heavier than the 5/32 worn Pirelli V's, needs a little more gentle coaxing of the wheel with yur arm not unlike other H rated tires I've had. Now it could be the 10.5 mm multi siped pretty spaced out tread blocks also, squirming away as u drive.

The ride comfort is incredibly improved even my wife noticed it it drives like the RX, lol. They tell me the Costco XLT is same tire as the LTX branded for Costco and cheaper.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Michelins are all pretty similarly priced between my dealer, tiererack like there is controls on pricing even at Costco. Costco gives u a 150 dollar rebate while others get 70$ once in a while

1 - 20 of 20 Posts