Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a lot of research, and went through most tire discussions in the forum.

Currently run Contiential DWS 275/45R19.

Decide to downgrade the size since 1) to reduce cost, 2) to feel better going through bumps.

Toyo Celsius CUV is pretty new. But decided to try out 265/50R19. Very intriguing about the winter+all season idea.

Will report about installation.

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
Did a lot of research, and went through most tire discussions in the forum.

Currently run Contiential DWS 275/45R19.

Decide to downgrade the size since 1) to reduce cost, 2) to feel better going through bumps.

Toyo Celsius CUV is pretty new. But decided to try out 265/50R19. Very intriguing about the winter+all season idea.

Will report about installation.
I just bought these today as well in the same size! Hope to have them installed in 2 weeks (traveling for work when they are scheduled to arrive).

Not much information out there as they appear to be a new tire, so I'm hoping to get decent life out of them. I went with these based on the tread wear rating and the fact that they seem to have a fairly aggressive pattern compared to other A/S in this size.

I'll also update this thread with my thoughts/opinions.

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool to know we bought the same tire at the same day. Let's update this thread!

I just bought these today as well in the same size! Hope to have them installed in 2 weeks (traveling for work when they are scheduled to arrive).

Not much information out there as they appear to be a new tire, so I'm hoping to get decent life out of them. I went with these based on the tread wear rating and the fact that they seem to have a fairly aggressive pattern compared to other A/S in this size.

I'll also update this thread with my thoughts/opinions.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Where did you purchase your tires? I ended up buying from TreadDepot with free shipping.

I was close to pulling the trigger on the Pirelli Scorpion Verde Plus, but liked the tread design of the Toyo's better.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:):) Same here again!
I gave up Pirelli Scorpion Verde Plus after read some bad reviews of them.
Actually thought about Pirelli Scorpion ATR 255/55R19 for a while.
True, the tread design is the highlight.

Where did you purchase yours? I ended up buying from TreadDepot with free shipping.

I was close to pulling the trigger on the Pirelli Scorpion Verde Plus, but liked the tread design of the Toyo's better.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I need new tires too. I have the snow tires on now. The sooner they come off the better.

I would like to find a 19" off road tire. I am open to some suggestions...

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No many choices.
So far I know 255/55R19 is the best choice with diameters around 30".
Pirelli Scorpion ATR, Cooper LTZ , and Toyo Open Country H/R, Goodyear duratrac

I need new tires too. I have the snow tires on now. The sooner they come off the better.

I would like to find a 19" off road tire. I am open to some suggestions...

·
Registered
381 Posts
Interesting tire. Local shop quoted me less than a grand for a set of 4 Nokian WRG-3 SUV, so I'm leaning that way....

·
Registered
78 Posts
Interesting tire. Local shop quoted me less than a grand for a set of 4 Nokian WRG-3 SUV, so I'm leaning that way....
You can pick up the Toyos for $804 out the door with free shipping.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I have it the road with a new set of Toyo Celsius CUVs today. Based on the specs and some positive feedback of fellow Colorado drivers, I decided to purchase the Toyo Tires.

First impressions: Pros. The ARE very quiet, smooth and really "stick" to road. The braking seems faster. Being a bit taller, they seem to fit the vehicle proportionally in size and scale. Finally, a 60,000 mile warranty and $812 is not a bad price. I used my $500 card towards the purchase.

Con. With tires you have trade-offs. The ride seems just a bit softer to me. Still firm but not as much as before.

I am interested to see if the fuel economy changed. I might go for a drive tomorrow.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Same here.
Also get the new tires installed today.
Like the tread more when seeing the real tires.
I have't noticed any change of drive. Maybe I never paid attention before.:anger:
No noise increase.
Also have a longer drive tomorrow. Try to find out more tomorrow.

Attachments

·
Registered
78 Posts
Mine go on tomorrow morning...will report back.

·
Registered
465 Posts
image-702002548.jpg image-2889723962.jpg Here are some pictures of the tires at RedRocks...

Reactions: Seat7A

·
Registered
465 Posts
I have it the road with a new set of Toyo Celsius CUVs today. Based on the specs and some positive feedback of fellow Colorado drivers, I decided to purchase the Toyo Tires. First impressions: Pros. The ARE very quiet, smooth and really "stick" to road. The braking seems faster. Being a bit taller, they seem to fit the vehicle proportionally in size and scale. Finally, a 60,000 mile warranty and $812 is not a bad price. I used my $500 card towards the purchase. Con. With tires you have trade-offs. The ride seems just a bit softer to me. Still firm but not as much as before. I am interested to see if the fuel economy changed. I might go for a drive tomorrow.
As a follow up, the mileage appears to be nearly the same in my test drive this morning. More to come later..

This is an interesting article..

http://www.moderntiredealer.com/news/402463/toyo-s-new-tire-fits-gap-between-all-season-and-winter-tires

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here comes more photos.
It rained today in DC when I was driving out.
The tires are sticky to road, proving them all-weather.
I also like the softness resulting from more corss-section compared to my old continental 275/45R19.
The Toyo Celsius is 265/5-R19.

Attachments

·
Registered
465 Posts
Here comes more photos. It rained today in DC when I was driving out. The tires are sticky to road, proving them all-weather. I also like the softness resulting from more corss-section compared to my old continental 275/45R19. The Toyo Celsius is 265/5-R19.
Congrats! They look terrific on your ride!

As it turned out my tire store did not fill the tires with the correct pressure. I have a much more normal ride now.

Nicho, I want to thank you for bringing this leading edge tire innovation to the group. Your research paid off. Thanks!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Haah, we are all trail blazers. hope we can help more folks here add a new choice.
Tire pressure? I asked the dealer to bump the same pressure as indicated on the sticker for my OEM 275/45R19. Should we increase the pressure when the tires go thicker and narrower?

Congrats! They look terrific on your ride!

As it turned out my tire store did not fill the tires with the correct pressure. I have a much more normal ride now.

Nicho, I want to thank you for bringing this leading edge tire innovation to the group. Your research paid off. Thanks!

·
Registered
465 Posts
I would not. I would go with the door jam sticker.. Although, I see that high pressure is causing the tires wear in the middle / center of the tire on my last set.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Thanks for your feedback on the Toyo Celsius CUV tires, our 2011 with the 19" package is going to need tires soon and I have been looking at the Toyo Versado CUV as an alternative to the Michelin Tour HP at $328 each. The Toyo Versado CUV are $195 each.

If you stick with stock tire size 265/50/19 your choices are limited.

I have a dedicated set of rims/snows for winter so only need summer season tires.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts