Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They are saying the repair order is 1061: Front crankcase Flange

I have been having a small leak front of engine. They replaced the front crank seal and oil pan 4 months ago and it still is leaking. Now they are saying it is the flange and it is not covered under warranty. I called VW customer service and the work order is not covered under the 10/100k powertrain (still under it) or emission warranty.

Anyone had a similar issue?
Save

· Registered
5,540 Posts

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Unfortunately Volkswagen and the dealer don't want to cover it because of the repair order code says it's not covered. Volkswagen is saying it is up to the dealer always in approving a repair.

· Registered
1,673 Posts
Read this over

START OF WARRANTY PERIOD As stated in 1.3 General Guidelines.

COVERAGEEngine: cylinder block and all internal parts, cylinder head and all internal parts, valve train, spur belt, flywheel, oil pump, water pump, intake manifold, related seals and gaskets.  Transmission: case and all internal parts, torque converter, seals and gaskets, transmission E.C.M.  Drivetrain: differential and all internal parts, driveshaft and constant velocity (C.V.) joints. A listing of covered components (including service numbers) can be found on WISE under Resource Center/Powertrain Service Numbers.

WARRANTY OBLIGATION Repair of the defect or replacement of defective parts.
EXCLUSIONS  As stated in 1.4 General Exclusions from Coverage.  Vehicles sold for commercial use, e.g. taxi, courier or delivery service or limousine. This includes vehicles that were originally used for commercial purposes and later sold to a non-commercial owner.  Parts requiring repair or replacement due to normal wear and tear.  Mechanical adjustments due to normal use such as idle speed adjustments, etc.

Engine Seals and Gaskets - Leaking or related to covered components. Seeping is normal, and is not a warranty concern.
Font Technology Screenshot Rectangle Parallel

It's a bit open ended. I'd say if a massive leak yes it would be covered but if you have what every touareg I have owned has, with a little oil residue, then don't worry about it.

· Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thank you...I agree. I would have never brought it in if the service advisor did not tell me it was covered on my last visit. They were going to replace the crankshaft seal again...at least that was the plan. The next day they called me telling me the cause is the harmonic balancer, I told him that's absurd and don't think so...and now they came up with the flange....

· Registered
1,673 Posts
Thank you...I agree. I would have never brought it in if the service advisor did not tell me it was covered on my last visit. They were going to replace the crankshaft seal again...at least that was the plan. The next day they called me telling me the cause is the harmonic balancer, I told him that's absurd and don't think so...and now they came up with the flange....
Try another dealer if you have one.

· Registered
5,540 Posts
The chances of your dealership having somebody touareg qualified and 3.0 TDI qualified are pretty slim. Look elsewhere

1 - 11 of 11 Posts