Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at finally buying a treg (been wanting one since 09) and saw the 0% + $1,000 off deal on VW's site so really got serious about it this month (already have a 13 Passat that we love!).

Anyway, I talked to a dealer who quoted me a price and then when I brought up the 0% he said no way because the price he'd quoted already included $3,000 dealer cash from VW that can't be combined with other offers. I've never heard of dealer incentives not being allowed to be combined with consumer incentives, but I thought I'd see if anyone here knows for sure how VW runs this.

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
1,932 Posts
yep,

The 0% will be a 100% rrp value deal. That is to say, if you negotiate a cheaper price, or tip in more $$$ yourself and finance the balance, then you've attempted to broker a deal which is not within their offer of 0%.

Beware of 0% finance deals. Somewhere, somehow, they are still making their money. Look at the fine print.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
OK, seems like it'd make a lot more sense to not hide the $3k as a dealer incentive then since it really works out to VW saying $3k off or $1k off + 0%, take your pick. I've never gone for a APR deal before because, as you say, they're always making it up somewhere, but it appears on the VW site that they're not. Now I know they're simply making it up behind the scenes with the dealer cash.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts