Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my touareg into the dealership this week for a dead battery. I have known about this problem thanks to the forums here, and have also created a list of other things wrong with it too. But with the battery, the dealership gave me the excuse that i left the turn signal on and that drained the battery. Funny thing is that the last turn i made was into my driveway, and i live of a quiet street, so i have never used my turn signal to turn into my driveway before. Anybody hear anything about this, or have any other bogus excuses?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Leaving the turn signal on (before switching off the car) will turn on the front and rear lights for one side of the car. This is a "Parking Light" designed to be used for parking on narrow streets.

So, yes, this could use a bit of battery juice. On my Merc, the dealer told me that this is likely to last for many days (week or two).

However, it shouldn't be a problem for a night or two and the Touareg will BEEEEP warning you as you open the door and remove the key.

BTW, has anyone worked out which side light come on when turn signal is left on the LEFT side? Common sense tells me it should be the RIGHT side light. (ps. Right Hand Drive car).

·
Premium Member
4,837 Posts
shawgoh said:
BTW, has anyone worked out which side light come on when turn signal is left on the LEFT side? Common sense tells me it should be the RIGHT side light. (ps. Right Hand Drive car).
I haven't checked but I assume if you leave the turn signal ON to the right, then the right light will be lit. If left ON to the left, then the left will be lit.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.