Club Touareg Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
VW has had a new business model for parts and making money. They are modularizing parts that have more features and more sensors in a single part. When one "feature" fails, you have to buy the whole, much more expensive modularized part with a significant price tag, to fix the one feature that failed. This enhances VW's bottom line by selling much more expensive parts to you when something fails, and much more expensive labor removing the whole part instead of just unscrewing the single bad sensor. This became effective in 2013 on VW Touaregs, with parts prices like Porsche Cayennes.

Don't buy, own or operate a Touareg if you can't afford the price tag of parts for a Luxury SUV. Parts and labor for them are the same as on exotic or expensive marquee cars.

A long, long, long time VW and TDI owner. VW plans to gouge you on parts and labor, with their new, lesser, more modularized headlights, shifter columns EGR recirculators, coolant thermostats, etc, etc, etc.

·
Learner
4,733 Posts
I would like to turn them off, like the look without it

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi all, I have a 2015 touareg tdi lux.
I too have a passenger side lower eyebrow drl that is not working. VW dealer stated whole headlight unit needs replaced. Wondering if there is another option including turning off driver side drl eyebrow.
Your assistance would be appreciated.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Would it be possible to remove the headlight and just clip the wire connected to that lower LED on the headlight that is still working? This would even out the look and still have the other DRL's. Or would this throw a fault in the system?

·
Registered
8 Posts
My 15 Treg tdi was also assembled in October 14. Right eyebrow drl out. It seems like lights supplied during that time were
Faulty. Is it possible to file a group complaint to VW to see if a response is in order?

·
Registered
8 Posts
This forum Has been very helpful. Was wondering if anyone has used the Carista app or the OBD 11 App. Both apps state that the DRL lights Can be changed in a variety of ways. Has anyone tried either of these apps to customize a 2015 Touareg TDI?

·
Registered
8 Posts
This forum Has been very helpful. Was wondering if anyone has used the Carista app or the OBD 11 App. Both apps state that the DRL lights Can be changed in a variety of ways. Has anyone tried either of these apps to customize a 2015 Touareg TDI?
not sure if this site has found a solution for the 2015 eyebrow Daytime running light failure, received a Carista Module today and canceled LED daytime running lights and substituted headlights and corner lights as a substitute and it works. The LED daytime running lights are now off. Seems like I just dodged a bullet.
Cost me $20 for the Carista app Plus $10 for a 30 day option to use this app. I consider that a win

41 - 49 of 49 Posts