Club Touareg Forum banner
201 - 220 of 238 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
The right hand DRL has partially failed on my 2015 treg.
Center part is working, the bottom edge is not.
Rang a dealer today and was told the LED not a replaceable item, so fix is a complete headlight $1400.
Seems odd that the LED has failed inside 4 years but insane that the 'fix' is complete assembly replacement.
Mine has done the same thing now on both sides. 2015 as well

·
Registered
143 Posts
I think it should be possible to fix that single led strip, while keeping the headlight water proof. As it just happened on my 2015 T2, I will let y'all know how it went, once I get the time to look at it. Can't imagine it isn't just a wiring or plug issue... and that the actual LED is still fine. After all you're looking at 12V, some copper and an LED driver circuit of sorts.

I agree that it's a joke one should have to replace the entire headlight unit for that, like buying a new car when the gas has run out :p

·
Registered
12 Posts
I think it should be possible to fix that single led strip, while keeping the headlight water proof. As it just happened on my 2015 T2, I will let y'all know how it went, once I get the time to look at it. Can't imagine it isn't just a wiring or plug issue... and that the actual LED is still fine. After all you're looking at 12V, some copper and an LED driver circuit of sorts.

I agree that it's a joke one should have to replace the entire headlight unit for that, like buying a new car when the gas has run out :p
I would be very interested to know how you go. I did read on another forum that someone tried to open the light to replace the led but found the entire casing was welded shut.

I have spent hours looking for a reasonable was of fixing this issue, but nothing so far.
Good luck

·
Registered
12 Posts
I would be very interested to know how you go. I did read on another forum that someone tried to open the light to replace the led but found the entire casing was welded shut.

I have spent hours looking for a reasonable was of fixing this issue, but nothing so far.
Good luck
By the by, mine is an early 2018 180kw Touareg and the drivers DRL failed, so you got more life out of yours!

·
Registered
36 Posts
I made the cardinal mistake of changing my coding without backing up the original. I'm now getting bulb errors since disabling the LEDs, and want to set everything back to the way it was, then test changes from there.
Does anyone with working headlightd (preferably in AU with R) have their long coding they can please share so that I can go back to original settings?

·
Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
2,812 Posts
I made the cardinal mistake of changing my coding without backing up the original. I'm now getting bulb errors since disabling the LEDs, and want to set everything back to the way it was, then test changes from there.
Does anyone with working headlightd (preferably in AU with R) have their long coding they can please share so that I can go back to original settings?
Ok...so as I understand it....it was this module. Mine has not been edited/customised etc etc. Does this help?

Address 09: Cent. Elect. (J519) Labels:. 4H0-907-063-V2.clb
Part No SW: 4H0 907 063 DA HW: 4H0 907 063 AA
Component: BCM1 2.0 H20 0311
Revision: 22020001 Serial number: 00001133041702
Coding: 26000014D0345D010029400780005D4C431D470823014241800000000040110000000000000000
Shop #: WSC 31414 790 00001
VCID: 6ADB1434850D30D6B5-803E

Subsystem 1 - Part No SW: 7P0 955 120 HW: 7P0 955 120
Component: WWS 150717 033 0021
Serial number: 90243401150728172426
Coding: 004DBD

Subsystem 2 - Part No SW: 7P0 955 559 E HW: 7P0 955 559 E Labels: 8K0-955-559.CLB
Component: RLFS H10 0020
Serial number: 20622327
Coding: 025223

Subsystem 3 - Part No SW: 7P6 941 431 AB HW: 7P6 941 431 AB
Component: E1 - LDS H02 0040
Serial number: 00000000001607150047

Subsystem 4 - Part No SW: 4H0 907 705 K HW: 4H0 907 705 C
Component: EVLS-SG H08 0300
Serial number: WA121147000014245345
Coding: 020300

Reactions: Tazard

·
Registered
6 Posts
I recently joined the forum. Appreciate all the helpful info on here. I bought a used 2015 TDI. Love it but have same issue on right DRL eyelash (yellow-dim). I had a 2013 V6 Touareg with different LED set up and it always worked fine, so this is a bummer.

Looks like this discussion thread has been ongoing now since 2019. I don't want to spend $1K to $2K just for DRL fix on one side. A fee questions:

-- Any official VW fix/class action yet? I have not seen word of any
-- I also tried aftermarket/ebay salvage search but the sellers won't say whether DRL was tested or working, so not going to go that route.
-- Does the VCDS coding really work for both day and nighttime disabling of DRL, or just daytime?
-- I have no problem with disabling the DRL, as I don't mind the look at all of not having it, so that would be best fix.
-- Also I saw that someone posted a photo of the "DRL on/off" option on the "lights" section on their infotainment screen. My TDI does not show that option to check/uncheck so I cannot do that.

thanks in advance for updates!

·
Registered
2016 Touareg Luxury 3.0 TDI Malone stage 2 with delete
84 Posts
I recently joined the forum. Appreciate all the helpful info on here. I bought a used 2015 TDI. Love it but have same issue on right DRL eyelash (yellow-dim). I had a 2013 V6 Touareg with different LED set up and it always worked fine, so this is a bummer.

Looks like this discussion thread has been ongoing now since 2019. I don't want to spend $1K to $2K just for DRL fix on one side. A fee questions:

-- I also tried aftermarket/ebay salvage search but the sellers won't say whether DRL was tested or working, so not going to go that route.
-- Does the VCDS coding really work for both day and nighttime disabling of DRL, or just daytime?
-- I have no problem with disabling the DRL, as I don't mind the look at all of not having it, so that would be best fix.
-- Also I saw that someone posted a photo of the "DRL on/off" option on the "lights" section on their infotainment screen. My TDI does not show that option to check/uncheck so I cannot do that.

Some options in the infotainment center have to be “unlocked” with vcds then you can have the options screen in the infotainment center.

·
Registered
36 Posts

One of the long coding options enables the infotainment option in the car setup screen. It only affects DRLs during daytime (headlights off) in my car. I haven't figured out yet how to keep DRLs off with headlights on. Hopefully someone else can comment on that.

·
Registered
2016 Touareg Luxury 3.0 TDI Malone stage 2 with delete
84 Posts
One of the long coding options enables the infotainment option in the car setup screen. It only affects DRLs during daytime (headlights off) in my car. I haven't figured out yet how to keep DRLs off with headlights on. Hopefully someone else can comment on that.
Same here if the headlights are on one drl is on but when off the drl is off.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I would think if the wiring diagram can be used to determine which wire is powering those Drl’s and clip the wire. Seems as those don’t have a fault protection anyway. Just a thought. Then at least you could even it out. Maybe they are wired independently so you could still keep the small U shaped one. Not sure but maybe someone with electrical knowledge could help with this.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Continuing with the frustrating DRL issue discussion......has anyone been able to shut off the "eyelash"/trim portion of the DRL without disabling the entire DRL/LED, part of which seems to be the square headlight itself? I prefer to still have DRL functionality just without the eyelash part . Or am I misunderstanding how the DRL function works and is disabled?

201 - 220 of 238 Posts