Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
The right hand DRL has partially failed on my 2015 treg.
Center part is working, the bottom edge is not.
Rang a dealer today and was told the LED not a replaceable item, so fix is a complete headlight $1400.
Seems odd that the LED has failed inside 4 years but insane that the 'fix' is complete assembly replacement.
So, I have joined the club. The right hand light lower "eyelash" is not working. New headlight is around 650 USD, Hella substitute is a bit cheaper :-( My classmate recently replaced his Treg light because of the same problem. Seems it is quite a common issue. Volksficken.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Sorry to hear that, seems most of us will face this issue in time.
Are you able to share a scan result? I’d like to figure out how it can be turned off altogether
Singh, wait for a while. I have ordered VAS5054A. Have never used any scanner myself, maybe your help will be required :) Also, I have to study how to emulate Windows XP.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
So, I have got Chinese clone of VAS5054A scanner. The enclosed discs were useless. All archives I found in internet were corrupted. Don't ask me where I sourced ODIS S software. What next? I initiated self-diagnostic, however no errors?

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Anyone had any luck getting VW to replace this based on goodwill?
At least not in Russia. I read that even those with Kulanz enhanced guarantee are not eligible/entitled. Obviously that is mass problem and who else if not VW should be accountable for this?

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Heh, heh. So, probably the most economical solution. To wait until the second eyebrow gone. (turning DRL fully off is not an option in Russia, speed cameras has learnt how to detect cars with no DRL on, no seatbelt fasten, etc.)

Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Grille Automotive lighting

1 - 6 of 6 Posts