Club Touareg Forum banner

41 - 60 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Aircooled will be posting all the date and other details in due course ... we did discuss limiting to three days ealier but, await his response.

·
Registered
160 Posts
we did discuss limiting to three days ealier but, await his response.
I think 3 days would work well for a lot of us -- taking off any more time than that will be difficult (for me at least).

Maybe arrive on Sunday afternoon/evening, trails Monday-Tuesday and 1/2 Wed and then depart Wednesday afternoon. Something like that would be cool. Just my $.02.

·
Registered
106 Posts
ANYWAY, NOW THAT I'M ALLOWED TO COMMUNICATE AGAIN, 'TOUAREG RALLY CENTRAL' WILL IN FACT BE HELD AT THE SMITH'S IN CRESTED BUTTE. [TWO TOILETS / BIG PORCH AND DECK / MUCH OFF-STREET PARKING / CORDIALLITY TO BOOT / NO POLITICS ... HA!]
Would like to join you all this year if possible. I am thinking of bringing my 19" airstream to use as a basecamp. Are there any campgrounds or RV parking nearby CB?

Also if anyone is looking for some great AT tires, I just mounted some Nokian Vativa AT tires 255/65-17 that have a nice aggressive tread that is highway quiet. They also have a loy of sipping like the WR all season tires.

And if you are looking for rims, Ernies Alloys in Miami FL has Cayenne 17' wheels available for $100.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Mr. Bill,

There are NO RV parks in [or near] Crested Butte ... closest is Gunnison [County saet, 30 miles South] ... however, you are most welsom to park your 19' Airstream right next to mine in our large yard.

I have outside water and LIMITED outside power available ... there was one other [senior] member who thought he might bring his 27' Airstream but, not confirmed. But, if he decides to, the power would be the limitation. If you have a QUIET [Honda] generator, that would be welsome ... I do not.

The only other MINOR stumbling block is no Blackwater dump in town ... however, with a plastic bucket and some patience you can dump into our toilet.

We have the room ... you make the decision. With THREE Airstrams in the yard, some will have a hard time deciding if it's a Touareg or and Airstream Rally. HA!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello all. I'm a new user form Maryland and I want to throw my hat in for the 2009 Rally. I'll keep an eye on the threads for dates and registration info. I'll get some pictures of my '04 V8 up soon.
Jerry
Still interested?

Some new info above.

Contact Aircooled for reservation.

Hope to see you ...economy considering.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Count me in, I will be there in my 04' TDI. I just need to swap my 22" Cayanne wheels with the 19" stockers. Any suggestions on sutiable rubber?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Count me in, I will be there in my 04' TDI. I just need to swap my 22" Cayanne wheels with the 19" stockers. Any suggestions on sutiable rubber?
Joe,

I have always used stock [Dunlop ST8000] 17's on factory or AT wheels ... so, you need to get a response from one of the several others who use OHW rock-type rubber ... usually 17's but, now some 18's available I understand.

Still unaware ANY suitable 19' ... even all season ... check Tire Rack. Both my 04's came with 19's ... and the soft, sticky gum that was available ... no sidewall ... no wear life.

·
Registered
3,295 Posts
You cannot fit a 17 inch wheel on the V10TDI because of the size of the brake rotors. Minimum is an 18-inch wheel. I would advise against a 19-inch wheel as you will not have enough side-wall protection and will more than likely trash a tire.

·
Registered
106 Posts
JoeV10TDI - I just swapped out my 18" Manhattens for some 17" Cayennes. If you are interested in the 18's , let me know via PM.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I havent taken my reg off roading and been wanting to try want he can do...im tentative for now until i can get some time off work..but i will try hard to get it.

·
Registered
49 Posts
FINALY OUT OF JAIL!

WE'LL START OF BY HOSTING A BBQ ON SUNDAY EVENING THE 2ND OF AUGUST UNLESS FOLKS SAY THEY WANT IT A DIFFERENT EVENING.

LAST THING: ALL "RESERVATIONS" MUST STAY IN AIRCOOLED'S HANDS. I'VE HAD MY HOLTELIER'S LICENCE REVOKED. LIQUOR AND FIREARMS LICENCES ARE STILL OKAY.
Im assuming August 2nd to ??????

·
Administrator
4,286 Posts
To the interested participants of 2009 rally: I regret to inform you that the decision has been made to CANCEL the 2009 Colorado Touareg Rally. This decision has not been easy for the myself and the founders to make, but I believe it is the right one. This has been a trying year for everyone and several of us are feeling the pressure to stay local and reduce our usual vacation schedules. This prevented key organizers and veteran members from being able to attend and assist with organization and to help run trail groups. Additionally, I myself have found that as my family has grown, my available time has largely vanished (surprise, surprise).

I welcome discussion on this, but it is unlikely that there will be any way to salvage this event for this year. I really appreciate the enthusiasm from those wanting to know and experience what it is like to off road these amazing vehicles. Please rest assured that there will be future events to participate in as well as local trail rides over this summer.

·
Registered
279 Posts
No problem -- there are plenty of trails local to me, which I've been hitting up :)
Hey Inferno,

Whenever you feel like taking off onto the trails - give me a shout. Finding people to go isn't always the easiest - plus another Treg would be great to see!

Ben K.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hey Inferno,

Whenever you feel like taking off onto the trails - give me a shout. Finding people to go isn't always the easiest - plus another Treg would be great to see!

Ben K.
i would like to get in on these local runs too. which ones have you been doing

·
Lifetime Member
266 Posts
I am from VA and was hoping to hit CO with all of you guys. Was excited to get together with fellow treggers and learn how to off road (never done it before and it's a pitty to not put my egg to the test).

I will keep an eye for other major events and meet with many of you in person.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
To the interested participants of 2009 rally: I regret to inform you that the decision has been made to CANCEL the 2009 Colorado Touareg Rally...
Seems timely - VW is decontenting the Touareg, canceling the V8 for 2010 and even making air suspension and locking rear diff a custom order option..if that... All good things must come to an end...also makes me feel older:(

41 - 60 of 70 Posts