Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to determine if 2011 T3 digital display shows wheel / transmission speed or is taken from GPS. If not is there a mode that displays GPS speed on the centre map display. I need a very accurate GPS based speed reading either on the dash display or map display but viewable whilst driving (analogue speed dial and digital display are 5-10km/hr fast when compared with portable GPS)

·
Registered
180 Posts
I tested my speedo with a hand-held GPS and found it to me 5% out at any speed. So I changed the tyres from 255/67/17 (OEM) to 265/60/17 increasing the tyre size. Retested with the GPS and found it is within 0.1 km at any speed. I now drive on or no more than 5km over the sped limit, instead of 10km over all the time. Bloody well had to totally change my driving style.

Just another option mate.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Can the speed be changed with VAG-COM? I'm sure it's not GPS. Our display was 3mph too high at 60mph with the stock 275/45-20. With my 18" snow tires (255/55R-18, .8" shorter), it's 1mph low.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Trying to determine if 2011 T3 digital display shows wheel / transmission speed or is taken from GPS. If not is there a mode that displays GPS speed on the centre map display. I need a very accurate GPS based speed reading either on the dash display or map display but viewable whilst driving (analogue speed dial and digital display are 5-10km/hr fast when compared with portable GPS)
What size tires?

My T3 265/50 R19 pretty much dead on.
T3 255/55 R18 run consistently 1 mph slower on GPS than speedo.

Pretty sure I saw an adjustment in VCDS not sure what its effect would be though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts