Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
I'm still diagnosing this very issue.

How could a survey be posted to the forum, just for curiosity's sake, to poll how T1 & T2 owners feel whether their lights are bright enough or not?

·
Registered
457 Posts
My headlights are pretty faded and I don't have problems with them. Granted I put in a new bulb every few months because they burn out so quickly from how much I drive. I also turn my fog lights on every time I drive at night.

Get LED D1S's and H11's. That's what I recently did. The H11 are the fogs, make sure you get resistors to get rid of the error message. Also they run 100x cooler so the headlights aren't baking something every time you turn them on.
So wait, you installed LED D1S's? Can you provide some more info on that?

·
Registered
457 Posts
I feel light the two lighting issue threads should be merged.
I also agree that further diagnosis needs explored.
The challenge is in the design of the headlights. Most vehicles provide (some only laughably) access to the bulbs and wiring under the hood while in their installed positions. The Touaregs not so much. Once the assembly is installed, wiring access is quite difficult -near impossible but not completely I suppose.
Possibly accessible if the fender liners were removed, but most likely a patch cable will have to be made to provide access to testing the headlight assemblies while they're attached (electrically) to the vehicle.
Truly there is an issue with something, my wife's halogen's are brighter and many have already noted how those are inferior to the HID setups.
I brought home the scan tool and will run some test tonight including a reset of the headlight alignment.

·
Registered
457 Posts
None of those tests confuse or intimidate me, i'm very familiar with how to use a DVOM, it's just a matter of how to get at them because the headlight bucket blocks everything when it's installed. To none of those tests confuse or intimidate me, it's just a matter of how to get at them because the headlight bucket blocks everything when it's installed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.