Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, looking for the cylinder order on the V6. I think it is front to back (standing in front of the car) 1-6, but want to make sure. I know the firing order is 1-5-3-6-2-4. Any help greatly appreciated.

Now for the story... I bring it to the local mechanic that I have been using for years. I need an oil change and while I am there he says I am at 60,000 miles and might be time to do an intake and fuel system cleaning. i figure what the hey and go ahead. the intake cleaning basically consisted of a pressurized spray that was applied via a small metal wand that went where the last piece of plastic on the intake meets the manifold. The fuel system cleaner hooked to the fuel rail via the service port and was injected under pressure, about 40psi.

Needless to say, everything seemed to be o.k. until about 2 hours later. My car started to act a bit funny, then started to idle real rough. That was yesterday, keep doing the same thing with the service light coming on and flashing. So today i bring it back over there and run a scan and sure enough I have a misfire on #1 and #5. The mechanic seems to believe it fouled the plugs on those two cylinders. Unfortunately his version of all-data has little info on the Treg so I figured I would ask here, any help, expertise, or suggestions welcome and thanks!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Marty. Just swapped out plug 1 and 5, same issue. Rough idle, rough acceleration, service light on...

Wondering if we clogged/blew the injectors at 1 and 5, maybe screwed up the fuel rail??? Any ideas anyone? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
838 Posts
strange,can't believe some got on the maf sensor,maybe a piece of dirt did clog the injectors.Do what Marty said and check the coils.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well, turned out to be 2 coils, the one on #1 and #5. Seems like quite a coincidence that 2 coils went 2 hours after this cleaning but what do I know. Glad it wasn't something major.

I just did the plugs 10k ago and I thought about doing all the coils at the same time. Next time I'll know better. At $24 a piece, I should have just done it...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts