Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Passionate about my T3 but equally passionate about this forum with the collective wealth of information it provides for so many individuals across the globe.
Gauging interest if any of you think it is time to either re-design the portal (examples of other forums would be good) or at the very least change the header pic - can we have a combination of all three or four eras of Touaregs?

Some of these changes will cost money and I am happy to help with a nominal payment.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,500 Posts
I am an administrator at a motorcycle forum.

We run a photo competition every month.
Photos must include a Yamaha FJR1300, must be taken by the contributor, preferably with a 'landscape' image format, and no limit to the number of entries that can be received.

At the end of the month, one of the moderators (who has been nominated to run the competition) will select (in his opinion) the 5 best images.

These are then presented in a poll, with all forum members then having 5 days to vote for the winning image.

The prize? The winning image is used as the 'banner' shot for the forum for the next month (until replaced by the next winner).

It certainly has been very popular.

·
Administrator
511 Posts
A ride of the month contest. We can certainly work on something like this for the new year. Can send the winner a sticker as well? A redesign for the header can also be worked into a photo contest of sorts. Can ask the community to post photos of their touareg in a thread and we send the thread to our creative department and they pick the ones that will fit best into the header.

-Philip

·
Registered
91 Posts
I am an administrator at a motorcycle forum.

We run a photo competition every month.
Photos must include a Yamaha FJR1300, must be taken by the contributor, preferably with a 'landscape' image format, and no limit to the number of entries that can be received.

At the end of the month, one of the moderators (who has been nominated to run the competition) will select (in his opinion) the 5 best images.

These are then presented in a poll, with all forum members then having 5 days to vote for the winning image.

The prize? The winning image is used as the 'banner' shot for the forum for the next month (until replaced by the next winner).

It certainly has been very popular.
This seems like a great idea.

Nice R!

·
Administrator
4,286 Posts
I'm game. I've always disliked the current banner, and I'm an admin!

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just signed up for this forum. Pick up my truck later this week. I almost didn't sign up here because the font on the banner makes the forum look like it hasn't been updated in 10 years. ;)

·
Registered
46 Posts
As an idea for a new banner, well what about one showing the Touareg evolution from T1 and up, this way everybody would be happy to see its model year part of the header. Could also be the grill changes or the tail light evolution, etc...well something more dynamic if you know what I mean. Something showing it follows the time and also never forget the past.

·
Administrator
4,286 Posts
We hear you guys loud and clear. It's been long overdue to make some changes to the banner of our site. I'm trying my best to make that happen. Stay tuned!

Njord, I think the above picture should really be your avatar.

·
Administrator
4,286 Posts
No offense to the owner of the original banner picture, but it was chosen without input by a previous site owner and hasn't changed since. I complete agree that all year Touaregs should be represented. But I would also like to find a way to rotate banners in and out once a quarter and help keep this website looking FRESH!

·
Administrator
511 Posts
We are open for suggestions:) I can send a request to change the banner, what would you like to see in it? Or do you just want our team to come up with a mock up first?

Thanks,
Marie, Community Support

·
Registered
20,430 Posts

·
Administrator
4,286 Posts
Nooby, I think ISIS (ISIL) beat us to it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
About this Discussion
22 Replies
11 Participants
VOLKS N ROLL
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing