Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone ... I have the R5 2005 and my cruise control is wrong. with vcds I checked and the signal from the keys goes well. with a user forum Italian who is very good in the electronics of Tuareg have not found any solution. But my odometer does not work, that does everything except the lighting of the whole picture! The display works great! the brake sensor already tested and running! thank you very much for helping!

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
This is a global site working hours ahead or behind you in Italy. You can't expect immediate responses especially as the R5 never went to the US in the first place!

Your description of the problem, or the translation into English, isn't very clear.

Please take a bit of time to add more detail.

Try posting in Italian as well as English - quite a few people understand and have a good working knowledge of other languages!

Also try posting on the UK site where there are more R5 owners: www.mytreg.com

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hello ... I thank you for the answer but no matter which car (r5, v6, v10 or w12) the cruise control system is the same. my problem is that my cruise control does not turn on its own. with vcds've done checking the buttons and those work. an Italian member of the forum, we thought it might be the fact that my speedometer is not working properly, that the lighting on the bottom does not turn on. could this be the cause ???

·
Registered
215 Posts
It is still not completely clear what is your problem.

Of course, the cruise control requires the speedometer to work properly. It need to know the actual speed at any moment. If the actual speed is above the cruise control set speed, it will reduce the engine power. Conversely if the actual speed is below the set speed, it will increase the power. Without knowing the actual speed it can not work.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
hello ... the problem is that the cruise control does not come on its own. the dashboard works fine, just missing the white lighting aul full scale!It does not turn on the green symbol on the display!

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
please take video of your instruments while driving.

Post to youtube and give link here.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
with vcds I did check if the signal passes and is so! I also checked if it is coded well, I've found the correct coding! my dashboard all works, even the display works, not only works the backlight white, to understand that the numbers of km / h and rpm, fuel, battery, oil temperature and water temperature, the red arrows work! I can just place the video! thank you

·
Registered
90 Posts
It is never going to work that way. Try some decent speed. I don't think you have any problem. Btw, what is the name of that diagnosis App? Is it for iPhone too?

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Get yourself VCDS from Ross-Tech!

·
Registered
215 Posts
Just another thought. You mentioned earlier that some of your dashboard lighting or instrument lights do not work.

Check that the brake light circuit is in perfect condition, that the brake lights work and the brake light failure instrument light is working. If there is any fault in the brake light circuit, the cruise control will not work.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
thanks for the advice but I have already tried the lights of stop and I also removed the sensor of the brake pedal but nothing. my friend who owns a v6 says he feels with a dashboard and see if that works is because I do not have the backlight. but it seems very strange! someone had a similar problem ??? thanks a lot

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.