Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My nightmare continues. Everything I touch on my T2 goes to poo!

I just cross threaded the beginning of the entry trying to hang the caliper back on the assembly. Not sure what you call the female side of things.

Anyone know the thread size on this so I can order a tap.

Otherwise my only option to to drive the T2 to a local shop with one bolt in and the other half in and see if they can help. Hate to think I'd have to drop that who assemble to take a machine shop or replace. My guess is that (like usual) it's only cross threaded in the first few thread.

Bolts of course look fine.

Any useful help would be appreciated.

20 years of doing brakes on european cars and never seen anything like this happen! Me and this T2 are not having a good relationship together...

·
Registered
848 Posts
Home Depot and Lowe's has thread pitch tools to identify what you have. They are on display in the nuts and bolts section. Take a bolt with you to find out what it is.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Determined it was M16x1.5 for the caliper with 4 pistons. Was able to use the tap back thread from the other side which mean a clean thread. Even a thread tap can be hard to get just right from the proper side...by going through the back cleaned it up really well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts