Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,627 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
I saw this post earlier but I guess things in the pic looked different than my engine compartment and that concerned me. I guess if it's a 4.2L the sensor is in the same spot, I'm hope that is.

Thanks.
You are correct, the post is referring to a AXQ engine V8, 2004- 2007.5. Your engine code is BAR, FSI engine V8
2007.5- 2009. If someone doesn't give you a location for the sensor by tomorrow, I will find it for you from my Bentley Repair Manual and let you know. Mtnride

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You are correct, the post is referring to a AXQ engine V8, 2004- 2007.5. Your engine code is BAR, FSI engine V8

2007.5- 2009. If someone doesn't give you a location for the sensor by tomorrow, I will find it for you from my Bentley Repair Manual and let you know. Mtnride
Thanks.

·
Registered
531 Posts
tjlmbklr, engine speed sensor location for FSI V8, BAR engine code. Sensor is located on the bottom of transmission bell housing. Take off belly pan and you’ll see it, easily accessible. Hope the replacement of this sensor fixes your issues. IMG_1148.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
tjlmbklr, engine speed sensor location for FSI V8, BAR engine code. Sensor is located on the bottom of transmission bell housing. Take off belly pan and you’ll see it, easily accessible. Hope the replacement of this sensor fixes your issues. View attachment 222279

Thanks. This was a huge help.

·
Registered
531 Posts
No problem glad to help

·
Registered
531 Posts
Please give us an update after you install your new sensor let us know if your issues were resolved.

·
Registered
531 Posts
That was quick, simple install I presume, my fingers crossed for you as well.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts