Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hope this story will end soon....I was driving the other day and tried to activate the wipers. to my surprise, after a couple of wipes, the left wiper got loose and disconnected from the arm. it landed on the road. I stopped the car and picked it up. when I came back to the car, I noticed that there is a crack on the windshield in the exact location where the arm is touching the winshield.... I was guessing that since the wiper got loose, the arm 'bounced' a little bit and snapped back on the windshield...

also - looks like the arm is faulty and I can't put the wiper back on it, the blade gets loose and disconnects from the arm every time.

I went to the dealership (Pacific VW at hawthorne) and explain what happened. the service manager said that since VW doesn't cover windshield as part of the warrenty, I'll have to wait for the FOM (which is apparently a regional representitive of VW) to approve this fix and he'll only come in at the end of next week... I am quite pissed off right now. I also called vw customer service but they also said that I have to wait for the FOM to look at the windshield...
I even asked the dealership how much the windshield cost in order to cover it myself but they quoted me 900$ for the part so I guess I am waiting...

·
Registered
161 Posts
I don't know about the insurance laws in CA but in Florida your windshield is covered with no deductable and no questions asked by your comprehensive insurance. If the insurance company wants to fight VW then let them, it's not your problem.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you. I am supposed to meet the allmighty FOM in the end of this week. if they wont fix it, I'll turn to my insurance.
I'll have to check about the no deductable thing...

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
an update

Finally !!!! VW approved the windshield replacement. it took about a month for the QTM to approve it and now my Touareg is at the dealer.
It was supposed to be a one day job but the dealer called me today and said that the windshield cutter for the touareg is different and they don't have it. it'll arrive tomorrow morning. since I am going on vacation - they set me up with a rental (mitsubishi Endeavour).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.