Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
CR 2019 - V6 190Tdi Launch with AIR / Tow bar/ Red Arc Tow Pro /110 Amp slim lithium / Fridge.
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
my first post as a CR owner.
purchased vehicle in NOV 21 with 77k thru dealer.
Hoping I can obtain some prior knowledge prior to sending our CR back for 2 warranty issues.

(1) I’ve had recent issues with my fuel gauge always showing empty ( red bar on dash area and the fuel tank pic shows up on the vehicle shape ) after filling it up completely and will not reset to what true fuel level it’s supposed to be.

Plus The main large screen keeps telling me also to fill up and it’s bloody annoying, ( constantly having to tap and cancel the notification to refill ) as it keeps reoccurring basically after a couple of seconds. While this notification is on screen no large screen controls can be used.
VW service know nothing about it except I managed to be told their is only a Euro recall for a similar issue.
Has anyone had this occur In Australia Yet or am I the only goose with the issue, and is their a remedy W/O going to waste time on a trip to the service dept?

(2) Tailgate recall is a worldwide recall as it raises too high and potentially the struts can come out of their gassed units and act like slingshot, so it’s dangerous. This is remedied by canbus height adjustment I believe.
Any thoughts on point (1) would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

·
Learner
MY21 Wolfsburg V6 Moonlight Blue
6,167 Posts
Welcome
Sorry to hear about your troubles.
First I have heard of the fuel gauge issue, seems like a fault with the sensor, sendor... Do you have access to any diagnostic tool such as vcds?
Else let the dealer sort it out under warranty

Reactions: Imor2624

·
Registered
CR 2019 - V6 190Tdi Launch with AIR / Tow bar/ Red Arc Tow Pro /110 Amp slim lithium / Fridge.
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi thanks for the reply, VCDS is not acessable at this point in time, so ill have to send it to service,
DPF LIGHT just came on as well now so from what ive read on this a FREEWAY trip in sport mode and 6th gear for 30+ minutes may delete the symbol on the dash?
2 extra symbols showing up on dash now also an Foot with Accelerator sign and DPF SYMBOL. Though the VW Supplement to owners manual pp17 states the following, In Red The DPF regeration will not activate if the fuel level warning light is illuminated, If this occurs please refill your vehicle and complete the action above ( driving for 25-30 minutes ). So even when i fill up, the low level fuel light stills stays on, so i'm now bloody confused on what to do? Leave it for the warranty service or give it a 30+ minute run prior to warranty service?

·
Learner
6,167 Posts
Your faulty fuel gauge could prevent a dpf regen, I would get that sorted and whilst at it they can do the regen in the workshop

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi and thanks to all that replied, the update at this stage is the fuel sensor needs replacing,( too high a resistance detected ) a 4-6 week wait for parts from Singapore, DPF regen was forced/done in the workshop at the same time, or so they inform me. We are now off on our first 5 Day adventure with our new 2.8t Van in tow, All towing electricals installed on the Treg work well, wish us luck as i'm a first timer under this amount of load. happy easter to all.

·
Registered
461 Posts
This makes me nervous only b/c if your vehicle continues to have the guage issue...is that not gonna stop regen on your trip? The DPF will probably fill up pretty fast..especially under load. I sure hope this doesn't turn into an issue for you.

·
Learner
6,167 Posts
As brobb said... You could be in strife there as regen won't occur, if dpf light comes on then I wouldn't stop the engine until I reached a VW dealer!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thx Singh, Brobb,
regen was done inhouse at VW, Trip has been doen and back with no regen light showing up so all is fine thus far when reaching empty, but the reminder comes up two or three times prior to refill ( not sure if its supposed to though ? ) A new fuel sensor is pending from OS and await that for install under warranty.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So update thus far is the fuel gauge sensor is now changed, asked them while at that service and under warranty to update the sat nav as north coast nsw freeways were non existent on it (2018 version) So service Dept tried once to update, unsuccessfully, tried twice unsuccessful again, then had to leave car over two extra nights as they had to contact AU HO for assistance, third time unsuccessful, Now the head unit has gone into engineering mode and can’t be accessed anymore, outcome is I don’t have a head unit ,$7K new one coming in a month and let’s see what happens then? at this stage I have no controls thru the head unit & the auto hold switch Is playing up, what next, flat battery ?

·
Learner
6,167 Posts
Sorry we hear that, there have been some cases like yours where the nav update has gone awry and left the system useless.
Seems like this process isn't foolproof, and especially if not covered by warranty one could be up the creek.
Maybe it's better to get the dealer to do the update after warranty has expired

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Too right their Singh, my tech savy son offered to do the update which i decided against due to the fact it couldve gone wrong and it may have voided any warranty update. Although i think any update post warranty is complementary.

·
Learner
6,167 Posts
Too right their Singh, my tech savy son offered to do the update which i decided against due to the fact it couldve gone wrong and it may have voided any warranty update. Although i think any update post warranty is complementary.
Mind you the update process is fairly straightforward. In fact it's good to see VW offer free map updates to owners. Steps are simple, download, extract to SD card and update.
I have done it twice without any hiccup. But now wary that things can go wrong, but warranty will cover any issues.
But if this happens after warranty expression then would owners have to cough up for a new system.....hmmm

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had the opposite problem when I tried the quick fill diesel button at the servo. It filled the tank so fast that the gauge got stuck on full! After 5 days of being “full” I decided to pull out the 2 fuses that supply power to the fuel management system. Waited 5min and plugged it back in….. YES! 🙌🏼 ! Fuel gauge shot to 3/4 and has been working perfectly since. ☺

1 - 13 of 13 Posts