Club Touareg Forum banner
61 - 76 of 76 Posts

Registered
I hope that I don't offend anyone. My following comments are intended to be in good humour. However, wasn't there a cartoon character called Ginger Meggs and could one consider Singh's comment to be a 'Meggs moment', or something similar? 馃槈

Reactions: Matt fly鈥檚

Learner
MY21 Wolfsburg V6 Moonlight Blue
We all learn from each other's knowledge and experience, that alone is the intent. 馃檹馃憤

Registered
Yes. No need for this forum if we didn't.

That's what separates most humans from most other species of animals. ;)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
We often leave the van connected to the car for overnight stops. It saves hitching and unhitching. We do NOT put down the jockey wheel nor the van legs. There is no need for those because the connection to the car prevents the van from tipping. We do use ramps to level the caravan from side to side and the car's air suspension to level the van front to back.

Having said that I don't know the answer your question. 馃
What happens if the van starts rocking through the night. Won鈥檛 u get a flat car battery with constant re adjustment lol.

Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
What happens if the van starts rocking through the night. Won鈥檛 u get a flat car battery with constant re adjustment lol.
what would cause it to start rocking thru the.....oh wait. Disregard.

*I see you are using up some of your 15 minutes of fame. I should've got an autograph....you're a Star!!!!

Registered
Never had that problem so far. Maybe that's when we should put it into 'jack mode' to stop the self levelling? I've never noticed it self levelling once I've locked the car. :unsure:

Registered
I鈥檓 not sure how I could be nothing but legal if I keep the tow ball weight under 280kg and the van under 3.5t.
Matt the challenge here is to do that AND keep your rear axle loads under there maximum rating too with a full fuel load, vehicle passengers and cargo.
It seems that however I try to calculate the simplest is to have the setup weighed fully loaded with wheel scales just like will happen at a roadside check.

Learner
I thought it would be something like my licence allows me to ride a motorcycle and drive a car. It doesn't cost me anymore money except for originally going for both tests.

I agree that people are getting dumber. They see rubbish on social media and just copy it without thinking. There was a case of a woman saw on tick-tock, or something like that, that one could put water in the fuel tank to get just a few more kilometres driving if one runs out of fuel. A policeman noticed that she was pouring litres of water into the tank. She didn't go anywhere with that other than expensive repairs.
Maybe with training and licensing we to can achieve this

• Wow
Reactions: Steve_L

Registered
Looks like a great trip! Hope you have that windscreen replaced and acc calibrated soon.

Could be you we ran into 馃槈
View attachment 251171
View attachment 251170
Hi looking a travelling early next year Adelaide to Darwin and then eastern will be towing a adria adora 612pt slider caravan ATM 2120 Max tare 1850 with my 2013 4xmotion
Have all terrain Nankang at5 on stock 20inch rim looking for a spare 20inch rim so I can have a backup going to take space saver out
What do you use for a spare !

Super Moderator
2015 R Line V8
Hi looking a travelling early next year Adelaide to Darwin and then eastern will be towing a adria adora 612pt slider caravan ATM 2120 Max tare 1850 with my 2013 4xmotion
Have all terrain Nankang at5 on stock 20inch rim looking for a spare 20inch rim so I can have a backup going to take space saver out
What do you use for a spare !
Bumtree have this in Victoria. TYRE & RIM 275/45 R20 110V - WINRUN KF 997 | Wheels, Tyres & Rims | Gumtree Australia Mornington Peninsula - McCrae | 1293068015
Couldn't see anything SA.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #74 ·

You would have to figure out how to a activate the park assist trailer module that the car can do in Europe however is turned off here

Registered
Discussion Starter · #75 ·

Learner
Reactions: evaddirb and Wolfy
61 - 76 of 76 Posts