Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good afternoon happy TREG owners!
I was not as happy ricently with my TREG as before:(
So there is a problem, after heavy rain, a noticed that my rubber mats under gas pedal and A-pillar are wet. So I searched forum for that problem, found some answers, printed it out for my dealership, and went out there. So Of course they had to make an inspection of the vehicle and they called some glass company and those guys stated that actual windshield was not mounted properly because it is automarket once.
Problem is, of course I had to pay for that bs service to third party company and delaership stated that that windshield is not covered by CPO warranty. They stated that actual windshield is fine and they do not have to replace it, they just have to take it out clear old seal glue, and seal it back with new glue or whatever.
That is my question, if it was not sealed properly, how it passed CPO inspection? And even it is automarket windshield, it still supposed to be covered cuz they sold it to me with it on the car.
Today I just called to Customer Care, and they said that they only take care of NEW Cars with its unexpired new car warranty. Also I have asked them about knowledge of any terms of CPO or Extended warranty, and of cpourse their sesponce was that dealer establishes its own terms and etc and they have no idea bout that.
So by the way I have extended warrnaty through VW, it is called Platunim or whatever, maybe that "unproper sealing" is covered by that warranty?
Folks, have you ever had that kind of problem or what do you suggest me to do ?
Thanks.

·
Official CT Ricer!
1,453 Posts
A windshield damage is usually covered by comprehensive insurance, not sure if this would fit the definition.

As per the warranty, there should be a warranty booklet that your dealership can provide which will tell you what is covered. I can take a look tomorrow when I get my vehicle back and scan it for you if need be.

Also, If the windshield check was not part of the CPO inspection, VW will not be obligated to cover it. Although, depending on your relationship with your service manager, they may cover it out of good will.

·
Registered
23 Posts
My personal experience is the the Certification process is pretty weak. THey basically clean-up the car, change the fluids and some light testing of the brakes. They don't test it on the highway at high speeds and check for those tougher to find items that you generally find after you take the car home..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts