Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience running the Cooper Discoverer SRX on their SUV? I"m trying to find a "perfect" tire that will be able to handle almost anything thrown at it. This one seems to have rave reviews, but wanted hear first hand with people who have the same vehicle as me. I have a 14 Sport, and I'll be running 255/55/18. That being said, if anyone has any other ideas, shout them out. Thanks!

·
Registered
306 Posts
You never know until you drive on them but from my experience with Cooper tires on our passenger cars they offer a good product at a fair price.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm hesitant to transition to a dedicated AT tire instead of an all season, since I primarily ride highway or city, and don't really need anything off roading. That being said, I work in health care, and I need something that can push through whatever weather is going on to get to work.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Both Toyo and Nokia make 4 Season tires that you should look at, basically a winter tire designed to be driven all year round which will give you superior winter traction compared to typical all season tires.

Depending on where you live and amount of snow you get a good all season tire on the Touareg will offer very good winter performance.

·
Registered
147 Posts
If you want an single set to do all then Nokian all weather tires or possibly the Toyo. I run dedicated winter tires for the shear improvement in ice traction and both are Nokian. In last winter which was mild for Ohio I left on Nitto 421q and had no problems and liked how they handled for an all season in the winter, which was close to the Nokian R but gave up a little in ice traction and sharpness in turns.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I looked up the Nitto tire you mentioned, and I'm honestly impressed, I think if I stick with all seasons its either going to be the cooper, or the nitto. I'm hesitant to go to the WRG3 or the Celsius CUV, mostly because I still want a tire that is going to be "fun" to drive on the other 9 months of the year, and has better overall wet and dry performance. I have the Goodyear LS2s on right now, and they're honestly the worst tire I've ever driven on in the snow, to the point where I'd rather have a front wheel drive corolla instead.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I ran previous gen Nokian WR for 100000 miles in your size...awesome year round dry, wet, snow tire. Quiet...35-40k tread wear. Others have their favorites...tons of tire opinions if you search. I run Nokian Hakkas in winter because I can....larger sidewall vs. stock 20" pirelli for when the roads get chewed up. Always had good luck with Cooper but that is years and years ago...believe Pirelli is the Cooper parent for some reason.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts