Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2006 2,5TDI R5 two days ago. I noticed that the water temperature is low. City driving it is about 60-65 degrees. When i cruise on the highway it does come up to almost 90 degrees after a long time, but drops straight down again when driving in town. Is that normal operating temperature for the 2,5 tdi? I am used to the water temp goes to 90 degrees and stay there..

·
Registered
71 Posts
I just bought a 2006 2,5TDI R5 two days ago. I noticed that the water temperature is low. City driving it is about 60-65 degrees. When i cruise on the highway it does come up to almost 90 degrees after a long time, but drops straight down again when driving in town. Is that normal operating temperature for the 2,5 tdi? I am used to the water temp goes to 90 degrees and stay there..
Start from checking the thermostat... I had the same problem. Solved by changing the faulty thermostat...

·
Registered
20,430 Posts
Broaden your audience and post on the UK site too where there are more R5 owners as the R5 was never sent to the US.

www.mytreg.com

Key things for an R5 owner:

Correct engine oil. This is critical to avoid premature camshaft lobe wear. Even VW dealers get it wrong. Unless you know with 100% certainty you have the right oil, it needs changing ASAP.

Alternator and air con compressor couplings: unless already done, these need replacing. They weren't a service item but they are now.

Also, unless you have already seen it, do sit down and read the Buying a Used Touareg thread - the link is in my signature. You will learn a lot.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Broaden your audience and post on the UK site too where there are more R5 owners as the R5 was never sent to the US.

www.mytreg.com

Key things for an R5 owner:

Correct engine oil. This is critical to avoid premature camshaft lobe wear. Even VW dealers get it wrong. Unless you know with 100% certainty you have the right oil, it needs changing ASAP.

Alternator and air con compressor couplings: unless already done, these need replacing. They weren't a service item but they are now.

Also, unless you have already seen it, do sit down and read the Buying a Used Touareg thread - the link is in my signature. You will learn a lot.
Thanks for the tips. Didnt know that the R5 wasnt in the US! Have registered on the UK site! Will post there. Great buyers guide!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts