Club Touareg Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, new to the site and need some help. I need to locate the coolant temp sensor on my wives 2012 Touareg Tdi Lux. I've found the one on the lower radiator hose, but can't seem to locate the other sensor. I've found a video on google that shows the sensor to be located on the right rear of the engine close to the turbo, yet for some reason I do not see the sensor in that location.

Here's the problem I've having. We noticed it recently and it has seemed to have gotten worse. We live in the mountains of Colorado and the car seems to "overheat" while climbing the mountains. By overheat, the temp gauge in the cluster will sit right around 200, normal operating temp, then while accelerating the temp gauge will shoot up to 220 or so, then as soon as you let off it will drop back down to 200. Sometimes it'll drop back down to normal even will accelerating. I've replaced the coolant temp sensor in the lower hose, replaced the thermostat, and last replaced the water pump and have done a coolant flush.

I've been using torque pro to help monitor coolant temp and when the car is warming up, can factory gauge seems to read higher than the app on my phone.

Anyone have any idea? I'm about to pull the rest of my hair out with this car.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
So you're replacing all these things because the engine runs hotter at high altitudes under heavy loads? That almost sounds normal to me.
Run some fuel additive... I see my TDIs run cooler with the additive.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
TurboABA
Club Touareg Forum
We’re the online community for Volkswagen Touareg owners to share knowledge about their VW Touareg Sport Utility Vehicles and more!
Full Forum Listing