Club Touareg Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another thing I will be doing on the Treg is the coolant flush. I don't know if the former owners have done anything about this. I have no history book. I know first thing is test the coolant but I want to flush it anyway. There is no flush plug on the V6 3.2. You need to disconnect two hoses, the one going onto the radiator and the one going onto the engine oil cooler. So I thought to myself, why not add some flush valves using a T on both of these hoses. Something like the bellow pic. Pics came a jaguar webpage: http://www.jagsthatrun.com/Pages/Parts_Cooling_SightGlass_Trans.html#hose.
I know coolant is not something you be flushing frequently but this will make is easier when required. The system would be plastic or aluminum or brass T with a plug.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,343 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
or do it like this guy did when looking for the coolant temp sensor. Looked like he didn't expect the coolant to come rushing out. But this is an additional to the VW coolant flush procédure :) I bet this gets out more fluid than the official procedure.

BUT THIS IS A DANGEROUS STEP IF COOLANT IS BURNING HOT

·
Registered
30 Posts
I did about an 8x flush and it was really not a big deal to pull the ring on the bottom right side of the radiator and just disconnect the hose as it is low point. Drain, reattach lower hose, fill with clean water, turn on, squeeze out air in upper hoses, drive around, repeat. Do the last couple flushes with distilled water instead of tap. I think you're increasing work load and failure points by modifying the cooling system in that way. Pulling that tension ring and disconnecting that hose is a 15 second job once you understand how to do it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.